ADW.Launcher Android App review

fandroid1

Reaction score
ADW.Launcher. Open source home replacement app. Features: Customizable desktop previews, Customizable application drawer (old one or iphone/galaxy one), Customizable drag drop action buttons, Unveil the Dockbar flicking-up the app-drawer button and drop another 6 shortcuts/folders/apps! Check the site for more information or meet me on xda! (For Android version 2.0 and higher)
How to use Launcher:

* Download launcher from market
* After installation press Home soft key
* Select Launcher (This case ADW Launcher)

*To make Launcher as Default: Select “Use by default for this action” then select ADW Launcher
Settings for Launcher:

* Screen Preference: Hide status bar, # of home screens, Desktop Layout
* Drawer Settings: Launcher changes, drawer visuals
* Preview Settings: HTC Sense Preview cards
* UI Settings: Color changes, screen indicator, screen dots

Pros Cons:pros

* Experience up to 7 home screens for widgets, shortcuts, bookmarks, and apps
* Preview all home screens at a glance
* List of Android Apps feature swipe between screens

Cons

* No Pinch to see all home screens, you must tap the Home button again for preview
* For Android 2.0+
ADWLauncher_thumb.jpg

progress.gif

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
ADW.Launcher. Open source home replacement app. Features: Customizable desktop previews, Customizable application drawer (old one or iphone/galaxy one), Customizable drag drop action buttons, Unveil the Dockbar flicking-up the app-drawer button and drop another 6 shortcuts/folders/apps! Check the site for more information or meet me on xda! (For Android version 2.0 and higher)
How to use Launcher:

* Download launcher from market
* After installation press Home soft key
* Select Launcher (This case ADW Launcher)

*To make Launcher as Default: Select “Use by default for this action” then select ADW Launcher
Settings for Launcher:

* Screen Preference: Hide status bar, # of home screens, Desktop Layout
* Drawer Settings: Launcher changes, drawer visuals
* Preview Settings: HTC Sense Preview cards
* UI Settings: Color changes, screen indicator, screen dots

Pros Cons:pros

* Experience up to 7 home screens for widgets, shortcuts, bookmarks, and apps
* Preview all home screens at a glance
* List of Android Apps feature swipe between screens

Cons

* No Pinch to see all home screens, you must tap the Home button again for preview
* For Android 2.0+
ADWLauncher_thumb.jpg

progress.gif

u can definitely pinch to see homescreens...i do it everyday

Reaction score
any battery drainage from this launcher? i saw that it said the dreaded " prevents phone from sleeping" any thoughts?

moot

Reaction score
I can confirm that pinch to see multiple screens does work. I use it very often, it is very smooth.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Any reason why I want to go with ADW over stock Froyo 2.2 on a Droid 2?

well ADW is just a home screen replacement. its not like you are changing the rom or anything. its in the market. and its free. there are themes. you can adjust how fast you want the scrolling to be. you can pinch to preview all screens. im just naming a few things. there are tons of customization options. download it and try it out. youll like it. faster and smoother than stock home. if you dont like it all you have to do is uninstall :icon_ banana: but you will like it i promise, i havent used anything else since i discovered it.

ffej89

Reaction score
ADW.launcher is my absolute fav home replacement and the two theme's i like are colorless and faded.

As far as battery drain, no difference over stock.

Quick tip for you out there that have sub par battery life. Juice Defender has more then doubled my battery life

phenley

Reaction score
any possibility that we can add custom icons to the dock

make a custom shortcut and you can choose the icon and then put that in the dock

en28so

Reaction score
For me it has been the best launcher to date. It actually fixed my redraw issues also(If i don't let the screen rotate).

rubrown

Reaction score
Just installed it today, with the ubuntu theme, I think it's pretty cool.

The only problem I'm having is once I've changed the regular square app tray to the long tray that holds 6 icons, I can't get back to all my apps.

I can only access the 6 apps I put on the tray. I've swiped/pressed every which way over that tray, but I can't seem to pull up the old tray.

How to do I get back to them so I can add more icons to my screens?

Last edited: