Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

• flash.jpg

Now that the Motorola Droid 2 has been officially announced, Adobe wants to make sure that everyone knows it will be the first phone to come with the completely redesigned Flash Player 10.1 out of the box.

Flash 10.1 is currently in beta (version 3) on the Android Market, but the final version is expected to be released next week at the Adobe Android summit on August 16th. We have no confirmation on which version of Flash will ship on the Droid 2, but I’m going to assume the final version is ready and Motorola already has it.

Other devices with Android 2.2 should see Flash 10.1 in the following weeks. Adobe says that the HTC Incredible, the Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone, Droid X and others will support Flash Player 10.1 soon and they will keep us posted on updates.

Recent leaks suggest the original Droid will see Flash 10.1 in the Android Market on August 18th so keep an eye on that date for other devices as well.

[video=youtube;y-_iQDZnOI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-_iQDZnOI8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on DROID 2 by Motorola.‬‎[/video]

Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks – Android and Me

Last edited:

IanG

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that sure seems to run smoother than the current version we're putting on our Droid's

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.

And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.

Sal

Reaction score

And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.

No direct mention of Droid 1. Hmmmm....

dverplank

Reaction score
Should i take back the x for the d2.....I love the x but wtf? I want whatever the developers are going to support. The x is sooooo laggy without 2.2

Thoughts anyone?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

No direct mention of Droid 1. Hmmmm....

I'm hoping that's what they meant by "Milestone"

The reason I say this is that they couldn't be talking about the GSM Milestone, as the update matrix for that phone doesn't even show plans for 2.2 - and 2.2 is necessary to run Flash.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That gives a good look at the Skin of the D2, it looks like it has a Metallic casing

I also like how she said "this is the first time out of the box a mobile device has ran Adobe Flash" knowing the Android Community has been running Adobe Flash for a few Months already

jimmyg

Reaction score
Was told i was getting Flash over a year ago.. not holding my breath. :icon_evil:

oshizo

Reaction score
well it's out there tbh. you just have to put it on your phone. if you have the x and don't need a keyboard then keep it. I personally won't be upgradding to the d2 simply because there's nothing wrong with my d1 the upgradded version is deffinately not worth full price for me since i got the phone at launch last nov. I will be waiting on the next keyboarded phone, if non comes out then i will just get the d2 when i can upgrade. Flash is out there, i'm a bit dissappointed that they aren't specifically working on a d1 flash but the milestone version should be sufficient.