Flash will be ready for DROID 1 on August 18th

rustyb

Reaction score
osx2000

The updates you rooted were basically designed for the Nexus one. The update first sent out this week, FRG01b, had issues on the droid 1. That's why they (version) suspended the update for FRG22. Adobe sent a memo that for sure it will be available in the market. A first.....:icon_cool:

thared1

Reaction score
Is it true that 2.2 update for the Droid (1) will not include the tethering feature?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I could have sworn I'm running Flash right now. Is it suppose to be improved, non beta? Is that the 18th thing?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I could have sworn I'm running Flash right now. Is it suppose to be improved, non beta? Is that the 18th thing?

My thoughts exactly, I even got flash running on a co-workers non-rooted Droid, I think the Official Release means it will be visible in the Market for the Droid 1 and available for download on Adobe's site. Now if you try to download it from Adobe (there is a visible download link) it will not start the download, you will get a "not supported" error, but who knows really?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Want a cookie? I'll give Adobe a cookie. Verizon has to ask, but I'll give Adobe a cookie if they'll release a final version for the Droid.

I'll add coconut if it's got hardware acceleration! :D

azules9780

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to go check out this new site that I had never heard of with all of it's awesomeness! LOL I felt like a retard.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
now if you go to m.adobe.com, it redirects to m.flash.com and says this:

Adobe Flash Player software is coming to your device soon

In the meantime, visit m.flash.com from your desktop to see the great multimedia content that will be available to you on mobile.

resident

Reaction score
yet to see flash have any viable use except bragging rights for android...hopefully that'll change

I was happy to be able to stream over 4gb of world cup play and not miss any matches. But besides that, I haven't used it for anything specific. But mainly, being able to browse the full web no matter what is enough for me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Since you have to be running 2.2 to install Flash, what does this now mean for non-rooted Droid owners who didn't manually update or get the OTA?