ADOBE FLASH - OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT.. Dum dum dum

Z

zhanglin

A very good post and certainly these are points really useful.

Shade2074

Reaction score
Anyone know if this would allow my netflix to work on my droid? Now THAT would be awesome!

techRob

Reaction score
Anyone know if this would allow my netflix to work on my droid? Now THAT would be awesome!

Sadly no. Netflix is based on Silverlight from Microsoft, and it requires IE and i believe even Windows, to run the stream app. However, this should allow for Hulu to be streamed on the phone - unless this version of Flash is "on a diet" or something :)

Since I accept the fact that Netflix went uber-proprietary and I don't get my videos from there, I'm stoked for Hulu! dancedroid

Shade2074

Reaction score

Sadly no. Netflix is based on Silverlight from Microsoft, and it requires IE and i believe even Windows, to run the stream app. However, this should allow for Hulu to be streamed on the phone - unless this version of Flash is "on a diet" or something :)

Since I accept the fact that Netflix went uber-proprietary and I don't get my videos from there, I'm stoked for Hulu! dancedroid
oh I totally forgot about needing to install that first - it's been so long! lol
Hulu would be nice too though. I wonder if netflix will make an android app...

techRob

Reaction score

oh I totally forgot about needing to install that first - it's been so long! lol
Hulu would be nice too though. I wonder if netflix will make an android app...

LOL I would be in heaven with my DROID if that were to happen! ...but since it doesn't look like they're even trying to port the netflix streaming video to Linux, I can't see it coming out for Android anytime soon :(

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score

OKay.. as far as facebook games.. Yeaaa guys.. its a cell.. its going to lag hella of a lot.. Uhmm.. for all of you guys who are dying for HULU.. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!. you know why.. cuz Hulu will be blocked... Netflix uses Silverlight

BUT FELLAS.. if you guys use.. Skyfire Browser right now.. You can go to websites like Sidereel.com.. anddd.. WATCH FULL EPISODES AND POSSIBLY EVEN MOVIES VIA MEGAUPLOAD... yeaaa... Its awesome guys... so if hulu says no.. there aree other sources!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

I believe it will be a full Flash experience, with GPU acceleration and all. HOWEVER, Hulu seems to be IP blocked for VZW users (hence the fact that it will not play videos on either Flash Lite on the Incredible, nor Skyfire 2 beta) - it actually shows a "video" that says that the video cannot be displayed on the device. Again, it is an IP block, not a technical limitation of any of the existing methods of using Flash on the Android platform.

oakindustries

Reaction score

I believe it will be a full Flash experience, with GPU acceleration and all. HOWEVER, Hulu seems to be IP blocked for VZW users (hence the fact that it will not play videos on either Flash Lite on the Incredible, nor Skyfire 2 beta) - it actually shows a "video" that says that the video cannot be displayed on the device. Again, it is an IP block, not a technical limitation of any of the existing methods of using Flash on the Android platform.

Not sure if this helps but I have my account set to "unrestricted IP" instead of "static". I can view hulu no problem. Takes forever to load though.

lyam

Reaction score
How do you set your account to unrestricted ip?

Not sure if this helps but I have my account set to "unrestricted IP" instead of "static". I can view hulu no problem. Takes forever to load though.

oakindustries

Reaction score
How do you set your account to unrestricted ip?

I work for a VZW retailer. I changed it in eroes shopp. Edit, tried hulu again a little while ago and nada. They're on to us. That's really too bad. I wonder why they're doing that?

astronaut

Reaction score
Very slightly OT here but thought the group would be interested.

I just signed up for the Beta as well and when I did they offered me access to an RC2 download of Flash 10.1 for the PC. I have a pretty high end PC with a quad CPU, lots of RAM, and a good video card but I've always had some stuttering playing HD Flash videos fullscreen. Not anymore! They look awesome now. Hulu in HD on my 1920 x 1200 monitor looks incredible. If you haven't already installed the plug-in I highly recommend it.