ALERT!! Adobe Flash Zero Day Vulnerability

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I finally read the release by Adobe. This includes all versions of Flash for PC, Mac and Android phones. It not only in for 10.1.82.76 on the PC and Mac, but also 10.1.92.10 for Android. That is the latest market version. Not only Flash, but also all versions of Adobe Reader are affected. Now who doesn't have Flash and Reader on their PC or Mac. So are we supposed to uninstall all Flash and Reader programs, apps, plug-ins from all of our devices? I have tons of pdf files on my PC and a bunch on my Droid too. I uninstalled Flash on my Droid, as it only takes a minute to reinstall it later, but I don't really want to uninstall everything from my 3 family notebooks.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Now the question... uninstall Adobe Flash Player until a fix is issued or keep it?
actually i dont see the latest version of FLASH listed as vulnerable so idk

From Adobe (first link listed by the OP):

"A critical vulnerability exists in Adobe Flash Player 10.1.82.76 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1.92.10 for Android. This vulnerability also affects Adobe Reader 9.3.4 for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX, and Adobe Acrobat 9.3.4 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh."

KevinJ

Reaction score
Last time there was a reported vulnerability in Acrobat/Reader it had to do with javascript, and all you had to do was go into preferences and disable it.

Since I don't know what's wrong with it this time, there might not be a workaround.

My phone's safe, because I never installed Flash on it. Didn't miss it before, didn't see a reason to have it now. :D

EvilDobe

Reaction score
I finally read the release by Adobe. This includes all versions of Flash for PC, Mac and Android phones. It not only in for 10.1.82.76 on the PC and Mac, but also 10.1.92.10 for Android. That is the latest market version. Not only Flash, but also all versions of Adobe Reader are affected. Now who doesn't have Flash and Reader on their PC or Mac. So are we supposed to uninstall all Flash and Reader programs, apps, plug-ins from all of our devices? I have tons of pdf files on my PC and a bunch on my Droid too. I uninstalled Flash on my Droid, as it only takes a minute to reinstall it later, but I don't really want to uninstall everything from my 3 family notebooks.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure you have other mitigating factors to help lower your risk in place (firewall/antivirus/router) on your home PC. Adobe will fix this release & the next will be just as bad if not worse.

Joker

Reaction score
Just got a txt from VZW stating that I was sent the android 2.2 update including Adobe Flash 10.1. As I never actually downloaded it from the marketplace, does this mean I already have it install? I was under the impression that 2.2 just gave the capability to have it if I wanted it.

If it means I have it installed, is there a place I could go to uninstall it?

Thanks

Big Cam

Reaction score
At any given moment you are mear seconds away from being hacked through a number of different programs.

It's just liek cancer, you can get it from anything nowadays.

I wouldn't worry about it. Only click on flash that you are viewing from a trusted site, keep it on "ON DEMAND" on your droid and go about your day.

Same thing for your computers, only open files in adobe that you trust.

This shouldn't be any different than any other day to be honest.

everstar80

Reaction score
You know this sounds vaguely familiar. When I first got my droid2 after it was available for online purchase I tried the hbo website because it is flash supported only and when I called tech support several times to find out why some sites that required an older version didnt work they said that adobe had found that there problems with adobe and that I should try other sites so I did and they worked. They said then that that adobe would have it fixed within a few days which is what I thought was what the update was for. Made the phone faster but didn't do a damn thing to change adobe flash. I guess the problem is bigger than the senor technician manager I spoke with than originally thought.

eshef

Reaction score
So I read this last night and uninstalled Flash. I figured why not, I don't use it much anyway. And this morning when I turned my phone on I found it had helpfully downloaded Flash for me! :icon_eek: Anyone else have this experience?