902: Changes for the worse; Battery Life and 4G speeds

rduckwor

Reaction score
I notice that my 4G speeds are WAY down and battery life is slightly worse with 902.

I can gain a little network speed back by restarting the handset, but not as much as I had before 902 on 901.

Anyone else?

RMD

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
Not me, just did a speed test and my speeds are much faster actually, especially my upload speed, 10+.

Haven't been running it long through to gauge battery life yet.

So far connection reliability had been good but again, its only been a day. I recently had my phone replaced because of the horrible data connection reliability and my new bionic has actually been much better even before 902, I guess something actually was wrong with my first one!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
My bionic has a better signal and better 4g reliability since updating to 902. Battery life seems to about the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Just speedtested mine on 902 and got 15 down 7 up in my Faraday cage of an apartment at the bottom of a valley, with only one bar of signal strength. Comparable to the 4g speeds I was getting on 901 I guess, but I have indeed seen faster.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Just speedtested mine on 902 and got 15 down 7 up in my Faraday cage of an apartment at the bottom of a valley, with only one bar of signal strength. Comparable to the 4g speeds I was getting on 901 I guess, but I have indeed seen faster.

Oh and 80ms ping.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Well my battery life as it relates to the tower connection has become insanely good. I am on a repeater here at home, and with it on (on 886/893) my phone with standard battery would be pretty much dead overnight. I tested it over the weekend mostly with the phone on in standby, and it took from Saturday mid day to Sunday evening to shut down from low battery. So whatever they did to fix the data/call handoff or searching really helped me a lot.

Craig

Last edited:
OP
R

rduckwor

Reaction score
Glad it is working well for you guys. My issue may well be the local tower (1/2 mile line-of-sight). I'm seeing high latency and low D/L speeds but decent up.

I'll watch it and check it when I'm out and about.

Thanks,

RMD

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I've noticed my battery doesn't last as long with the new update.

billyk

Reaction score
Better 4G connection, but less battery life.
Maybe they go hand-in-hand?
-bk

bk1242

Reaction score
I manually installed the 901 update and it was a huge upgrade, I barley had any data drops. Today I updated to 902 and I've already had three data drops. It's very frustrating. I tried to go back to my manual 901 update but now I keep getting an error and the installation is aborted.

Berniep

Reaction score
I think I can say that I have worse battery life witrh the update. My normal moning routine has me at about 90 percent before I leave the house, sometimes 80 percent on a heavy use morning.
The last two days I have been down to 70 percent as I get ready to leave.
No 4g around here and spotty 3g. On wifi untill I leave the house.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
901 was way better for me than 902. To be fair I haven't factory reset after the 902 update yet. I was on a clean system though because I restored with fasboot file and rsd lite before though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

scuba_antney

Reaction score
Worse after 902

I did a manual install of .901 and after .902 was pushed to my phone, I definitely saw my battery life drop. I also am having WAY more data drops than I had on .901. I can watch my phone go from 4g to 3g to 1x to no data within 15-20 seconds. I work in a metal and brick building, so connection isn't great, but I would have a consistent 3 bars of 3g on .901 and now I'm lucky to have 1 bar. It will more often go to 1x or no data signal now. What happened?!?!