902: Changes for the worse; Battery Life and 4G speeds

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened with the 902 update, but I got sick of the data drop issues. Had data drops on 886 and 893 too. Verizon finally sent me an HTC Rezound as a replacement. Haven't had any issues with that phone at all. Never buying a Motorola again.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
wow! I thought I was the only person who had this problem. My battery has been terrible and when I do have 4g its spotty at best. ( I guess coming from no 4g and losing data completely it would be considered better though right? lol)

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Not sure what happened with the 902 update, but I got sick of the data drop issues. Had data drops on 886 and 893 too. Verizon finally sent me an HTC Rezound as a replacement. Haven't had any issues with that phone at all. Never buying a Motorola again.

on a side note how hard is it to factory reset? I have been very tempted to do it. would my apps be saved in the app store? or should I back them up with astro? I am thinking about not putting all the apps back on. (sorry if I have hijacked the thread)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
on a side note how hard is it to factory reset? I have been very tempted to do it. would my apps be saved in the app store? or should I back them up with astro? I am thinking about not putting all the apps back on. (sorry if I have hijacked the thread)

You can factory reset. It will erase everything. I am not sure if it will fix the Bionic software problems, but its worth a shot I guess. I think 902 gave a lot of people worse data drop issues. Factory reset didn't work for me, I finally got a different model phone.

All of your paid apps will be backed up through the market. Make sure your contacts are backed up via Google or Backup Assistant first. Make sure you have a full battery. Also make sure you are totally stock with no bloat removed or frozen.

Good luck, if it continues to give you issue give Verizon a call, they know about the issues everyone is having with data drops on the Bionic.

mikespe

Reaction score
I noticed my battery drais a bit faster & I have the extended battery. I barely make it to 10pm from 6am...however I do use the hotspot feature to tether my ipad. But I try to plug it in during some of that time. I still think I should be doing better with the extended battery though...don't ya all think?

brewtus22

Reaction score
I updated to the .901 file and it fixed all my data and signal problems. I then updated to the .902 and data problems got worse than 5.7.893. i used the fastboot files to go back to 5.5.893 then updated to .901 and everything is great again. i also froze the updater with titanium backup so it didn't try to update to .902 again. I'm staying with .901 until something better comes along but I'm happy if nothing does.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have noticed the exact opposite, got to test 4g for a 4 hour drive between tampa,fl and kissimmee,fl and back listening to pandora the whole way. I watched for when I had 3g or 4g. The area i went to was wooded and had no 4g as well as areas along I4. Never once did i lose connection from what i seen the transfers were seemless. Pandora never buffered or cut out.
I also can get 4g on my back porch where i never could before.
Battery life seems to be the same as always.
It may be important to note that i did a factory/data reset a few days ago in an attempt to fix some market issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
My battery has been acting erratically since the update. Sometimes I will end up with 60% at the end of a day of normal use. Next day I don't use it at all and the 60% will vanish my late afternoon...off of just standby. Odd, I think

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

c_mack9

Reaction score
my battery sucks since the .902 ota. my phone was perfect after the .893 ota, is there anyway i can rollback to that update?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Like others, my .902 experiences have been very positive, including battery life and connectivity.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk