Connectivity Issues Still?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
the sim card will have to do with the data issue?

Well, the sim card is necessary for 4G. When Airplane Mode and the Restart Connection app haven't work some people have had success by removing it and the battery, replacing the battery and powering up. Then power down, remove the battery, replace the card (along with the battery) and power up. That's supposed to reacquaint the phone with the sim card.

In my case, crazy enough as it is, if you keep getting the "Checking for updates unavailable at this time" message and do the sim card trick, the next time you check for updates it'll actually check for updates. I had put the card in backwards and when I powered up I got a "No Sim Card" message. I put in in correctly, but although the message was gone all I had was 3G. I took the phone to a Verizon store, told them what I did and what happened. They confirmed the card was bad and swapped in a new one for free. 4G came back on right away and I seem to get it quicker.

I was on .901 at the time and manually installed .902 the next day. Again, I can't say data is better because of .902 or a new sim card.

Last edited:

Notafan

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a new sim card. I don't know how it all works but I have seen an awful lot of Bionic posts where the sim card replacement fixed the data issues. That is where I would start, at least since it is the easiest of all the solutions.

americanz

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a new sim card. I don't know how it all works but I have seen an awful lot of Bionic posts where the sim card replacement fixed the data issues. That is where I would start, at least since it is the easiest of all the solutions.

i tried the pull sim card boot with out it trick, seems to work..... for now

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

nri1998

Reaction score
I did not have any data drop issues after updating to 5.9.902 and I was so happy that the problem got fixed. Not anymore. I lost data connection few times this evening and I am very disappointed now. I don't think Verizon or Motorola has a clue how to fix it.

albacore

Reaction score
My phone worked perfectly until 902 and now every time on 3G I have connection issues. Whenever I open a new website or even change pages on that same site the blue arrows appear and everything slows to a crawl.

I'm not real tech savvy and don't want to tear into my phone but from the sounds of it I'm now stuck with a almost useless smartphone?

americanz

Reaction score
yea anyone run a speed test lately? my 3g is horrible. im thankful i have wifi. since i dont live in 4g area

reminon

Reaction score
I've had my bionic since day one, haven't had any data issues. I've went from stock nd tested all updates both leaked and ota, the only problem I've had was battery on 4g. .902 fixed that for me, and now I use ICS as my daily driver with .902's kernel and have no problems. I'm fine with the camera not working as I use my incredible 2 for everything camera.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

valley_man0505

Reaction score
I have had problems with connectivity since I got the phone. I will go from a fast, strong 4G signal to no digital signal whatsoever (not even 3G). It often takes numerous attempts with the restart connection app to get it back. My wife and I both bought our bionics on the same day and it is not uncommon for one of us to have a full signal while the other has no signal even when we are in the same room.

Also, the day we got the phones, it took hers more than 24 hours to actually connect to the network, while mine connected before we even left the store.

If 4G is dropped, why doesn't the phone at least remain connected to 3G?

I just got the .902 update installed today, so I am not sure yet if this will result in any change (for better or for worse).

Batman8

Reaction score
I just got off the phone once again with Verizon regarding this issue and they did confirm that it actually IS their network that is causing this problem (just so you all will know that chances are slim that it's your device).

This also reflects the same info that I was told when in a Verizon store...that ALL the 4G-LTE devices in the store are having connection problems off and on. So hopefully Verizon will finally get their SH*T together and ensure that all the current 4G cell sites are working properly instead of constantly trying to add more half-ass sites to the list!!! They seem to be focused much more on quantity rather than quality IMO!

billyk

Reaction score
My Bionic has been PERFECT regarding 3G/4G since 902 - until today. My Bionic dropped the 3G signal at my house and would not reconnect without an "airplane mode" trick. Reconnected immediately though.

At this point I think it's VZW's towers.

kkemp

Reaction score
I was told today by verizon wireless that my data loss is not a known issue I am not in a 4 g area so if that's not a know issue then what is

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had 2 data drops today in one hour. I talked to a rep and she said it is a widely known issue and that the update was suppose to fix it. She said 902 hasn't been out long enough to gauge if it worked or not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk