902 back to 901

tennvol

Reaction score
Is it possible to roll back from 902 to 901? The 901 update was rock solid for me in terms of no data drops. 902 is terrible for me, I keep losing signal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

moset

Reaction score
I'm having similar results. I wonder if it's region specific. I'm in south Georgia 3G only.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
I'm in Denver

Reaction score
I would assume that you can use the pathsaver method to get back to .893, then re-root and move up to .901.

wilkster

Reaction score
I'm having similar results. I wonder if it's region specific. I'm in south Georgia 3G only.

Strange. I am in middle Georgia and my data is more stable on 902 vs. 901

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Tenn,
I'm up in Boulder. I did not install .901, but .902 is running ROCK SOLID for me, especially as it pertains to connectivity. If you'd like to chat live, PM me I'll give you my number, we can compare notes

Is it possible to roll back from 902 to 901? The 901 update was rock solid for me in terms of no data drops. 902 is terrible for me, I keep losing signal.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Flash back to 893, 1 Click, then 901

bhp117

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me yesterday as it can't hold 4g always dropping to 3g and have to toggle airplane mode to get 4g back sometimes while I'm on eclipse 2.1 with 902 radio

But to day it seems to be much better I still haven't have a drop to 3g yet but I do notice wifi/tether/download speed have a slight increase over 901

I'm in union city, ca

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Whiile I'm not having horrible issues, I too am noticing that signal strength for 4G doesn't seem as good on .902 as it was on .901. The phone has no issues with the 3G/4G handoff, but it drops to 3G more quickly than it did before, and doesn't show as strong of a 4G signal --and I'm in a strong LTE area.

On the other hand, browsing seems faster on WiFi or when I do have a good 4G signal than it was before. Could just be me.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Tenn,
I'm up in Boulder. I did not install .901, but .902 is running ROCK SOLID for me, especially as it pertains to connectivity. If you'd like to chat live, PM me I'll give you my number, we can compare notes

I'm actually in broomfield....I just said Denver since most people have no idea where broomfield is. Woke up this morning and had no signal until I cycled the connection.

wilkster

Reaction score
I have been running 902 for a couple days now. 3g only where I live. I use maximum battery saver mode typically. Under 901 long delay coming out of standby and would often loose 3g data for 5 min until it came back on its own. On 902 3g data locked in by the time I swipe the unlock after coming out of standby. So far very impressed, hope this continues.

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Im in South Jersey and 902 has been horrible for me! 893 was rock solid for me! Called Verizon over it which is a first for me! They had me do battery pull and all, but still having drops and its showing a 3g signal. We we will see tomorrow.

Reaction score
This kind of thing is what's keeping me on .901, even though I like to be on the most up-to-date release available. I finally have my Bionic running servicably on patched KIN3TX (.901) and don't want to set my self up for more troubleshooting.