5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update Feed back please

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone as of about a 5 days ago i post the 5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update process to fix your bionic in case of a brick/lose of root/update errors. I would greatly appreciate if u could get some feedback on my thread since over 600 people have download my files. for instance if the thread worked for you/ if it did not work for u or if there are any areas on the thread or with the fix it self that i need to improve on or enhance. thank u all for ur feed back.

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I didn't have to use your stuff but thanks for the help with my situation!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I find that most who do post feedback are vastly losided towards posting about issus or problems...if you have had it downl;oaded a great number of times and hardly get negative feedback or any feedback at all...consider your project a success...jmho and fyi...

as for all the stuff you posted, you should explain what each does, and why...:happy3:

Reaction score
I find that most who do post feedback are vastly losided towards posting about issus or problems...if you have had it downl;oaded a great number of times and hardly get negative feedback or any feedback at all...consider your project a success...jmho and fyi...

as for all the stuff you posted, you should explain what each does, and why...:happy3:

He can't because he doesn't know!

criminal666

Reaction score
This method worked for me, up until I needed to update to 902. I placed the file on my SD Card, booted into recovery and just had a picture of the android guy with a caution triangle. That was all I would get, so I ended up doing the OTA update via Cheesecake and I am up and running! Still holding Root! Thanks!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This method worked for me, up until I needed to update to 902. I placed the file on my SD Card, booted into recovery and just had a picture of the android guy with a caution triangle. That was all I would get, so I ended up doing the OTA update via Cheesecake and I am up and running! Still holding Root! Thanks!
well cheesecake wasn't even necessary because you were right at the doorstep of getting it done yourself manually...lol... when at that 'android guy with a caution triangle' all you needed to do was to merely hold volumes up and down together and you would have been in the stock recovery menu, where you could have selected to apply update from sdcard ...where you had placed the .902 update file...:)

perhaps that should have been added in the directions??...

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
well cheesecake wasn't even necessary because you were right at the doorstep of getting it done yourself manually...lol... when at that 'android guy with a caution triangle' all you needed to do was to merely hold volumes up and down together and you would have been in the stock recovery menu, where you could have selected to apply update from sdcard ...where you had placed the .902 update file...:)

perhaps that should have been added in the directions??...
good point since the thread is stickied now i will be constantly improving it

reebz

Reaction score
I just used this method yesterday to get to back to 5.5.893(I think that was it), from Purity Base, 5.7.893. I wanted to maintain root and get the OTA .902. I was reading all kinds of threads with way to get where I wanted, but they were old threads and I just wasn't confident in using those methods. I found your thread and it worked out great. RSD'd back to 5.5.893, forever rooted, and received the OTA .902 where I currently stand. I posted questions and you responded quickly and made it pretty simple. I would definitely use this method again if I needed to for whatever reason. Perhaps you could redo the steps and leave out the part about installing the .902 update as it is easily attained OTA.

Luigi164

Reaction score
RSDlite doesn't reflash

Hello,

I have tried to use rsdlite to reflash back to 9.02 or even 8.93 and it doesn't work. I have been trying for two days and I'm still stuck, I reverted back to a droid x and would either need to return this bionic or get it fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
[email protected]

Hello everyone as of about a 5 days ago i post the 5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update process to fix your bionic in case of a brick/lose of root/update errors. I would greatly appreciate if u could get some feedback on my thread since over 600 people have download my files. for instance if the thread worked for you/ if it did not work for u or if there are any areas on the thread or with the fix it self that i need to improve on or enhance. thank u all for ur feed back.