upgrading to 901? heres everything you need and what to do.

jkliving92

Reaction score
i take no credit for any of this. just the consolidation.

There have already been multiple threads detailing how to upgrade to 901 and retain root, however lots of people are still running into issues. I hope to clear up all of them with this post if possible. read the ENTIRE OP BEFORE attempting this.

First off if you have the released root script with multiple options to root, forever root, etc. DELETE THIS FROM YOUR COMPUTER. Not screaming, just emphasizing. :happy3: It does not root 5.5.893. dhacker has already stated its meant for the 5.7.893 leaked update, and you will run into issues with no data connection if you try to restore your bionic with this script after starting the pathsaver script because it wipes your data. thats a big no no while doing this.

Here are all the files that you will possibly need. i recommend saving them all, but you shouldnt need all of them since some are files you will need in the event of a brick.

Pathsaver with runmebbb.bat from the OP in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...atible-kin3xt-v1-0-p3s-one-click-upgrade.html

radio.zip: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

cdt/invalid CG fix: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8SDG7VY

cdt/invalid CG fix 2 (download BOTH): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...package-zip-ro-build-product.html#post1948188

step 1. have phone booted with debugging on, charge only, and allow install from unknown sources (just to be cautious)
run script and do not interrupt. it flashes the boot.img very last after rooting and forever rooting and you can not update with out the restoration of that file.

step 2. once the script is finished it will automatically close and should you should see a little android with an exclamation point. this is normal. hold volume up and volume down simultaneously to enter stock recovery. navigate to "install update from sd card" and find and apply the 893 update. then in the same recovery session again navigate to "install update from sd card" and find and install the 901 update.

congratulations you are now on 901 rooted.

Troubleshoot

its a quick process when everything goes smooth but i find it rarely does for most.

if script hangs at any point, close the script, stay in or boot into fastboot and run it again. if it continues to fail, stay in fastboot (watch you battery because if to low it wont flash. i found my phone still charged while in fastboot when connected to a wall outlet, but not a computer) redownload the script and run again.

cdt.bin/invalid CG error in fastboot: this happens after applying the 893 update using the pathsaver script after already updating to 901 once, leave the phone alone and connected to your computer. unzip the fixcdt.zip you downloaded and run it. you should be able to hit the power button and it start up. if this does not happen after running the fixcdt script, follow the instructions from the OP where you downloaded the cdt/invalid CG fix 2. you will need to rerun the pathsaver script and start the process over after you do this.

no data connection: this is due to a data wipe before the pathsaver script was finished. boot into stock recovery and flash the radio.zip. its best to rerun the pathsaver script after this due the boot.img probably not being flashed.

get to 901 and lose root: run the runmebbb.bat again.

thats all i can think of at the moment. this should be somewhat fool proof but we all know better. if any of you have anything you feel needs to be added to this to make the process easier, have any questions, run into any issues not stated here, and/or if there is an issue with a link please let me know below. trying to keep everything consolidated in one thread so people dont have to search so vigorously

D.W.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Good thread!!! Okay so Im installing the Radio zip. So hopefully that solves that problem. You think I should delete the .893 and .901 zips from my external and just start from scratch?

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
Good thread!!! Okay so Im installing the Radio zip. So hopefully that solves that problem. You think I should delete the .893 and .901 zips from my external and just start from scratch?

You can leave then on your external. Try the updates again and if they fail id run it again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Okay so when trying to install the updates, I got that (Status 7) message so I guess I have to go ahead and do the cdt/invalid CG fix. So do I download both CG fixes? Or just the first one? And what exactly do I do with them?

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
Okay so when trying to install the updates, I got that (Status 7) message so I guess I have to go ahead and do the cdt/invalid CG fix. So do I download both CG fixes? Or just the first one? And what exactly do I do with them?

Download and try the first one. Its just a small script that you run while the phone is giving to you the cg error then hit the power button and it should boot up. If that doesn't work go to the second cdt/cg. It has instructions on that forum. Normally the firat cdt fix takes care of it though.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Okay well I ran the script on my laptop and It didnt really do anything. And now whenever I turn my phone on, I get the fail boot. I with the Bricked Bionic Fix.rar would download faster

AlexSB

Reaction score
Gonna give this a shot a little later!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kamisan

Reaction score
you can run the cdt /cg fix from the fasboot error screen. it will install and reboot. (if its p3's fix for it that is)

at that point let it boot check root then install 901. sometimes the 5.5.893-5.9.901 gets hung and 901 installs but without root. if you boot into 893 and check for root you still can re root and forever root at that point. 901 you have to already have root or your going to need to go back to 893 and get it. often the script works but if you are one where ut does not this is your path.

hisself

Reaction score
Pray tell: What does 901 do for me that 893 doesn't, or, why should I go to the hassle of installing 901???

Sadahiro

Reaction score
OMG IM FIXED!!!! Finally after hours of downloading!!!! Thanks for all your help!!!!

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
Pray tell: What does 901 do for me that 893 doesn't, or, why should I go to the hassle of installing 901???

A lot of people have said 901 fixes all their issues with signal, camera, etc. If you're not having any issues with the 893 build though then there's no reason I suppose to update.

locofocos

Reaction score
Haha, I notice we have no less than 3 or 4 "this is the final, all inclusive threads" about updating to 5.9.901. Someone needs to get a mod to make a sticky with all of them combined.

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
Haha, I notice we have no less than 3 or 4 "this is the final, all inclusive threads" about updating to 5.9.901. Someone needs to get a mod to make a sticky with all of them combined.

This is the inly one that provides for any bricking plus the edited upgrade path and how to implement everything. :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so I've done everything, 901 installs just fine, but I cannot keep root, I've tried at least five times... rerun runmebbb over and over, I even finally did a full factory reset THEN reran the entire process and STILL I don't keep root. any ideas on what is going wrong?