upgrading to 901? heres everything you need and what to do.

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
so I've done everything, 901 installs just fine, but I cannot keep root, I've tried at least five times... rerun runmebbb over and over, I even finally did a full factory reset THEN reran the entire process and STILL I don't keep root. any ideas on what is going wrong?

Weird. After updating to 893 reboot and see if you keep root before installing 901. If you're not trybusing a different script to root and forever root. The released script won't work however since it was meant for 5.7.893 and not 5.5.893.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Weird. After updating to 893 reboot and see if you keep root before installing 901. If you're not trybusing a different script to root and forever root. The released script won't work however since it was meant for 5.7.893 and not 5.5.893. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
I'll give that a shot then... let you know how it works.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
well everything went fine, until I installed eclipse, and now I've lost my radio, going to attempt to fix this now >.< damn androids, always a learning experience :D

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
well everything went fine, until I installed eclipse, and now I've lost my radio, going to attempt to fix this now >.< damn androids, always a learning experience :D

Yeah. Haha. If you flash the radio.zip you'll need to update again to 901 or your radio will be 886.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Haha. If you flash the radio.zip you'll need to update again to 901 or your radio will be 886. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
go figure right, thankfully this phone is staying in the pittsburgh area, which seems to have near perfect 4g service, I've only dropped once for about two minutes. it's running eclipse and working just great so I'm done messing with it. MY phone on the other hand.... when I get back to Seattle I'm probably going to use my desktop with the full sdk etc etc installed and try and get all of this fixed on my phone, assuming my signal hasn't improved in the past week. thanks for all the help guys.

polypost

Reaction score
Can I follow this method if I installed the ota update to. 893 thanks

Ironsides

Reaction score
Here's my problem, I had went from stock unrooted 893 to 901 and now I can't root. I'm also not able to go back to 893. there was no back up. How do I root stock OTA 901?

OP
jkliving92

jkliving92

Reaction score
Here's my problem, I had went from stock unrooted 893 to 901 and now I can't root. I'm also not able to go back to 893. there was no back up. How do I root stock OTA 901?

You need to just follow the instructions in the OP. There isnt yet a way to root 901. You have to use the pathsaver to flash your kernel, system, webtop, and bootloader back to stock 886. Then root & forever root before upgrading to 893 in stock recovery (both 893 & 901 updates are in the pathsaver download), confirm you still have root and then update to 901 in stock recovery again. Majority say give 901 a shot if 893 didnt resolve any issues it was meant to. If you have anymore questions or need a hand feel free to PM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ironsides

Reaction score
You need to just follow the instructions in the OP. There isnt yet a way to root 901. You have to use the pathsaver to flash your kernel, system, webtop, and bootloader back to stock 886. Then root & forever root before upgrading to 893 in stock recovery (both 893 & 901 updates are in the pathsaver download), confirm you still have root and then update to 901 in stock recovery again. Majority say give 901 a shot if 893 didnt resolve any issues it was meant to. If you have anymore questions or need a hand feel free to PM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Everything is up and running. Thanks a million! I had to do the brick fix, pathsaver and the fixcdt three times before I got a successful root on 893. Think I'm gonna stick with that for now. When I got the phone a couple weeks ago it had 893 on it and I put 901 on from another post. Didn't really notice any difference since there is no 4g LTE in my area yet.

Now I need to find a good, strong and stable rom! Any suggestions?

The fun never ends. lol But atleast I now have everything I need incase I brick it again.

GlenBoRTR

Reaction score
I could really use some help (please)

I've followed all of the instructions to the letter... and I've read all of the trouble-shooting posts. Nothing seems to be working though. Unfortunatley, I am totally stumped (or maybe my brain is just a little fried, trying dozens of different solutions).

My current situation, is that, I am running version 5.5.893, and I am rooted. Any help getting me to a rooted .901 would be greatly appreciated. I tried going back to a stock .886 and following the BionicPathSaver instructions, but I conistently run into problems.

((After I ran "runmebbb", I lost root, so I ran runmebbb again...
Then I lost my connectivity, and I installed the radio file...
When I re-ran the runmebbb, I got stuck on 5.5.886 without ...
I'm assuming that I need to get rooted and run forever root (I can't find the For3ver Root file anywhere... Looks like DHacker is down)
Motorola one-click root didn't work... Pete's Root Tool didn't work... I also tried the BionicRestorer, but I couldn't navigate the file system with the Terminal Emulator))

I'd rather not brick my phone, so could someone please give me some advice on what I should try next... thanks!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I thought there was a way to apply 901 without rooting? With the OTA update already installed? I don't want to root but am curious to try 901. I could be wrong.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought there was a way to apply 901 without rooting? With the OTA update already installed? I don't want to root but am curious to try 901. I could be wrong.

You can flash the .901 update if you are on 5.5.893 no root needed. :)

Sent from my Eclipsed Bionic v2.1 RC 1

Help free our Motorola devices! #OPMOSH #BOOTLOADERS

broxstodavis

Reaction score
I have a question. I'm on 901, but I believe I'm having radio issues, would it be okay to flash the radio.zip over my 901 to help solve this? or is that a big no no. ha.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a question. I'm on 901, but I believe I'm having radio issues, would it be okay to flash the radio.zip over my 901 to help solve this? or is that a big no no. ha.

I'm not sure what it is, that said I wouldn't think that it would hurt/help unless you have a corrupted flash session now.

Sent from my Eclipsed Bionic v2.1 RC 1

Help free our Motorola devices! #OPMOSH #BOOTLOADERS