5.5.893 OTA Pushed via Verizon.......

Reaction score
So, with the soak test starting today and running through the weekend, can we expect the official update to be pushed in 1-2 weeks, as usual?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine. I will say that will be within the original "30 to 60 days" announcement that was in last October.

cbrmike

Reaction score
I keep checking and it says Im up to date, when you get the OTA pushed to your phone is it in your email or is it a market update ? If its email that would suck because I lose data alot.

parton1080

Reaction score
Got it. North AL.

Not a soak tester.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
I just got it too & since I have no clue what a soak tester is I'm obviously not one. ;)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep checking and it says Im up to date, when you get the OTA pushed to your phone is it in your email or is it a market update ? If its email that would suck because I lose data alot.

It'll be two ways, but not email or Market.

First is the way you're doing it (ie Checking for Updates). If the update is available for you, you'll see an announcement to download now or later.

If the update loads in the background (like it did with my OG Droid), you'll get the announcement without having to check. You'll get an option to install now or later.

It should look like what you see at http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=51973 (The first description is the background download.)

Last edited:

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I'm installing the update right now. I'm not a soak tester. I'm in Idaho falls, ID.

welsalex

Reaction score
Could someone post a screen shot of all the version numbers after they install the update? Or type them? Specifically what the kernel and baseband look like

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Glad to hear it went out! Guess I did not get on the list after signing up with Motorola or asking Verizon. No worries, look forward to watching how things progress. Give it a good workout folks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
baseband
CDMA_N_03.1C.57R ltedc_u_05.15.01

kernel Version
2.6.35.7-g68606e6
Vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Noticed a different baseband version, is it a different version than the leaked version?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk