Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

Cinoib

Reaction score
Is you're phone done booting yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Cinoib

Reaction score
I just got the update this morning and my phone has now been rebooting for an hour. I am running stock Bionic phone not rooted. Any help would be appreciated.

I got the update this morning too. I unfroze all my frozen apps, took the update, lost root (did not have Forever Root) and rebooted. My Bionic isn't connected to Verizon (I replaced the Bionic with the R Maxx). I wifi'd to the Bionic from the Maxx. I placed calls on the Bionic via Google Voice. I did speedtest and got 8 mbps up and 5+ down. Everything runs well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Posting to document my experience, because I had a problem updating and solved it via a strange series of events.
I was rooted and 43v3r rooted on 5.9.901 with all the bloatware uninstalled (not frozen) via Titanium Backup.
I got the correct update straight from OTA (22.5 mb update from 901 to 902, not the 56 mb update from 893 to 902).
Tried to apply the update and it failed. I looked at the log file and saw that it failed because I had not reinstalled the bloatware.
I reinstalled everything, Vcast music, zumocast, blockbuster, citrix, all the crap that comes with the phone, but TiBu failed when trying to reinstall "Guided Tours 2.3.4".
I don't know why it couldn't install guided tours, but I went ahead and tried to install the OTA update, which of course failed again, with the log file specifically citing the lack of Guided Tours 2.3.4 as the reason it couldn't install.
I decided to do the Bionic Path Saver, which I knew would reinstall all the stock bloatware.
I ran it and installed 5.5.893, but since I was on 901 previously, the phone got stuck at "invalid cdt cg" or whatever, and I had to run the 901 fix, leaving me on an unrooted 5.5.893.
I tried Releasedroot/43v3r root and it failed on all of its options.
I ran the original Motorola One-click Root instead and it worked, leaving me with a rooted 5.5.893.
I ran 43v3r root again and 43v3r rooted the phone successfully.
Downloaded the OTA update (the updating service again correctly identified which file I needed, which, this time, was the 56 mb update from 893 to 902).
Installed the update, it didn't take too long.
Booted into 5.9.902 and kept root!
One thing to note, the path-saver totally cleared my home screen of all widgets, shortcuts, and everything. The wallpaper was still there, but my quick launch icons had also been reset. All of my other data was intact, though, including account information, ringtones, and everything else on the device.
Now........... JUST WAITING FOR ICS

ichabod_cabal

Reaction score
got mine yesterday about 12 in the afternoon. less network drop and what seems to be a bit zippier browser time. lots of extra bloatware though :/
stock phone btw

kitzey

Reaction score
Got the update on Monday I believe.....on the way to work....I have no clue what freezing and unfreezing means.....or forever root.....I'm usually totally in touch with this stuff but have not had the time. I did notice on mine the 3g/4g, Wifi and the bars are blue like someone posted earlier. I shut the phone off...waited....turned it back on and they went white for a short period of time, but turned back to blue. I did notice today I had worse service in my house than I normally do, but after I shut the phone off and turned it back on its much better....sorry you have a newbie here.....I miss knowing how to get into my phone and discover things that are hidden and knowing all that kind of stuff.....I have some reading to do I guess!