Just recieved 5.9.902 ota

Berniep

Reaction score
My battery life is not improved. I cant make it through a day without charging.
In my case I think its some app doing it because back on .893 I did a factory reset and battery life improved for a while.
Oh well I guess I will get the extended battery and give up my otterbox.
The phone does seem quicker to load things in general and a little snappier in general. No data drops yet.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Manually pushed the update a couple of days ago on a stock bionic with 893

Haven't noticed a huge improvement with battery life. Still have to turn 4g off most of the day if I want to make it anywhere near sun down with a standard battery.

One welcome improvement was the auto focus on the camcorder finally works normally for me.

The most notable improvement was the data - I haven't had any data drops yet; before the update, data would drop constantly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Crap! I updated without unfreezing bloatware. What happens now?

As long as the update succeeded, don't worry about it. The reason people advise defrosting is that the update will abort if certain apps aren't present. If it succeeded then you're golden.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
My battery life is not improved. I cant make it through a day without charging.
In my case I think its some app doing it because back on .893 I did a factory reset and battery life improved for a while.
Oh well I guess I will get the extended battery and give up my otterbox.
The phone does seem quicker to load things in general and a little snappier in general. No data drops yet.

Try running Watchdog Lite (from the Market) for a few days. It will monitor the CPU usage of background apps and tell you if one is sucking up all the juice.

And +1 for the Mugen extended battery (2000 mAh one). Get that and you can keep your Otterbox.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
My Bionic updated last night without incident. Probably WAY to early to tell, but the 3G connection seems more solid in my basement this morning. It also seems to swith between WIFI and 3G without the drop (which it used to do). It take a moment, but at least it does it.

It will be interesting to see how it does this week, Ill be in an area where I was seeing a LOT of drops switching 3G/4G/WIFI.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Recieved it thursday. Had issues first installing it. Phone is rooted with foreverroot. Had .893 then realized i had frozen some apps. Used root explorer unfroze then took .902. Did notice that my hotspot hack had to be re-done a in using sqllite to put it back to 0. Everything works fine. As for the new OTA .902 noticed that i havent lost data since recieved it thursday. 4g stays 4g. Live in orlando so 4g is pretty much everywhere. Havent noticed anyhing bad. But then again only issue i had with .893 was loss of connection during tethering via hotspot.

bjjud

Reaction score
Recieved it thursday. Had issues first installing it. Phone is rooted with foreverroot. Had .893 then realized i had frozen some apps. Used root explorer unfroze then took .902. Did notice that my hotspot hack had to be re-done a in using sqllite to put it back to 0. Everything works fine. As for the new OTA .902 noticed that i havent lost data since recieved it thursday. 4g stays 4g. Live in orlando so 4g is pretty much everywhere. Havent noticed anyhing bad. But then again only issue i had with .893 was loss of connection during tethering via hotspot.
That's re-assuring..(WISH I had been familiar with the 'freeze' concept earlier, very cool concept) I'm gonna hope that the Webtop hack is the only thing stopping me, and I have a nandroid backup slightly previous to installing that. Gonna give it a whirl today, while I have some time to fix whatever goes awry. (SO....you never did the Web-top hack?)

mike02vr6

Reaction score
battery life seems a little better today not outstanding but not as good as before my update. I have only dropped data once since updating which is great!

HyR3z

Reaction score
I just got the update this morning and my phone has now been rebooting for an hour. I am running stock Bionic phone not rooted. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mrdiron

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem... after the update completed successfully, my phone works for about a minute, then reboots... while it's up, there is no cell service. If I look at Phone Status, the IMEI, phone number, etc says "unavailable". Did a factory reset, no luck. Will be taking it in to the Verizon store tonight.