zenulator? metiCkOne? jamezelle? Anyone?

HardWired

Reaction score
Hopefully one of these folks (or another dev) still check in on the forum and will step up to the Gingerbread challenge. This rom is too good, and we at least need to check out a build or 2 two on the D1 to see if it'll even be usable as a daily rom.

What do say guys....any takers?? :)

Reaction score
Hopefully one of these folks (or another dev) still check in on the forum and will step up to the Gingerbread challenge. This rom is too good, and we at least need to check out a build or 2 two on the D1 to see if it'll even be usable as a daily rom.

What do say guys....any takers?? :)

+ 1 for this request. Let us know what we need to do as a community to encourage and support one of you in exploring GB Miui for D1.

I think anyone out there who cares about this should post in this thread. It may help if we all state that we would like and support the effort.

LET’S GET BUSY AND START POSTING!

DROOIID

Reaction score
Yep hear my cry devolopers... gbread + miui = limitless potential.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

frostthejack

Reaction score
MetiCkOne hit me up on talk next week I would like to start helping

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I'm willing to do whatever I can to help. I'm not well versed in Linux, but I'm pretty good with windows and good with details. If there's something I can do, even just help with testing, let me know!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I'll look into it. No promises though.

metiCkOne! metiCkOne! metiCkOne! metiCkOne!

meti
Can you hear the masses?
Usually I say the masses are asses, but like a broken clock...
You may be America's last best hope in making sure we don't fall behind the Chinese in the ROM Race.
Show the people of the world that manufacturing in the USA is still alive. USA! metiCkOne! USA!

I would also like to offer you any help needed, the best being to promise to stay far away from helping in porting, modding, coding and development.

I come in at the end, post production, providing prostrated praise, pure panache, proper promotion, prosaic poetry, protean placebos, plentiful pilfered prose, possibly peaceful proselytization and perhaps alliteration, perchance a pinch.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

jengas kahn

Reaction score
not trying to be a turd, just with all of the issues i'm seeing other roms go through, fix, perfect... how would gingerbread make miui better?

OP
H

HardWired

Reaction score
not trying to be a turd, just with all of the issues i'm seeing other roms go through, fix, perfect... how would gingerbread make miui better?
Valid question. I'm not sure GB (Miui or any other GB rom) will run super smooth on the D1. I've run the top 5 or 6 GB roms out there and find them all to be too demanding on the Droids hardware. Thats why in the op I did suggest checking out a build or two to see if its do-able. Plus... I wanted to check out some of the new UI changes.

If its determined Froyo is the last/best for Miui and the Droid then I'm sticking with build 1.3.11. For me its the fastest/smoothest/most responsive and stable since the 1.1.28 build.