z4Root - One Step Rooting for Many Android Devices!!

Wolvee

Reaction score
With Z4Root, Gmail 2.3.2 crashes when sending emails ... force close every time.

Droid X (2.2) ... haven't tried it on 2.2.1. as I'm unsure Z4Root will root 2.2.1.

It will not. I've been trying it for two days with no luck.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rooted my gf's D2 (2.2.1) just fine. Did you root with it prior to the OTA?

With Z4Root, Gmail 2.3.2 crashes when sending emails ... force close every time.

Droid X (2.2) ... haven't tried it on 2.2.1. as I'm unsure Z4Root will root 2.2.1.

DroidForums junkie!!

Wolvee

Reaction score
I have an unmolested and stock Droid1 and it has not worked.

Rooted my gf's D2 (2.2.1) just fine. Did you root with it prior to the OTA?

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its not supposed to. FRG83 stops it from working. Have to wait on a work around from Ryan.

DroidForums junkie!!

Wolvee

Reaction score
Not that I am an impatient or demanding person, but has there been any word with that guy will have it out?

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I sent him a PM over on xda earlier this morning but I'm sure he was offline...and possibly asleep so I haven't heard back from him yet. If that changes in the next day or so, I'll let you know though.

Not that I am an impatient or demanding person but I just decided to start modding my Droid but has there been any word with that guy will have it out?

DroidForums junkie!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's unusual.

There's Super 1 Click. I've heard reports it works after the update and I thought it was available for the big 3 (Widows, Linux and Macintosh). I hesitate to recommend it as I haven't personally tried it and am unsure of the origins, but it's there and apparently works. I could try to dig up a link and see if it IS in fact available for Linux.

madmark

Reaction score
i had z4 root working... I took the update last night.. I now wanna unroot but Z4 is not working any idea what I can do? I would like to get it back to stock 2.2.1
Thanks

Last edited:

madmark

Reaction score
That is correct..Could something have blocked it ? It don't break root.. I am a total newbie at this... I just wanna get it to factory 2.2.1.

madmark

Reaction score
I restored to a previous version then unrooted and did update from there... So all is good... Thanks