Yup Lte is down again

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Ugh, no 4g in Omaha, 3g was down for about an hour as well! Thank God I have wifi

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Schenectady, NY - Stock Droid Bionic

No 4G LTE, can get a flaky 3G connection if I play with the network mode settings enough times. But it only works for a matter of seconds and it's gone again.

Ran a speedtest during the time it was working, and i've never seen faster 3G speeds in my life, though. ~2mbps down, ~768kbps up. Normally around here 3G is around 200kbps down and 100kbps up.

DAS100

Reaction score
UPDATE: No 4G. 3G comes and goes

rherron

Reaction score
Out in Columbia, SC

njs502

Reaction score
Baltimore is down. 3g has been out since noon. Just got 1x back (it's awful!).

I've been on 3g for past 24 hours because I had the Sim card authorization error as well thinking it was related to the 4g outage.

grimley

Reaction score
But it sits here trying to activate......apparently 4G phones must activate over 4G. :frown:

I'm not so sure about that, my father-in-law got the Droid Charge last summer and he doesn't even have 4G within 25 miles of his house. But he might have got it activated while he was in the store, maybe they have a way of doing that.

Markee

Reaction score
Sim Card Authorization Error

I am getting the SIM Card Authorization Error. Indicating that my SIM Card is not authorized for 4G.

I called Verizon... After talking to two people, the "4G Expert" told me to take the SIM card out of the phone, with the power on, and then replace it. This would "reprogram the SIM card to authorize F 4G LTE" I have tried it, it went away shortly. Now the error code is back.. I am getting only 4 BARS of 3G
Service and no 4G LTE.

AT 7:11 in The Metro Detroit Area, either the 4G is out, or my RAZR is not working any more with 4GLTE...

Can someone who knows confirm that it is OK to remove and replace the SIM card with the phone turned on?????

THANKS

Thanks GOD for this forum... It is nice to know that others are having problems with the network and it is not my new $289 Razr that is already on the fritz after two weeks. We shall all stay tuned...

Last edited:

rherron

Reaction score
I would just wait. Sporadic national outage at the moment. Lots online about it.

steeletown

Reaction score
4G back up in Pittsburgh pa

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rherron

Reaction score
Got 3G back in Columbia now

darrick04

Reaction score
4G was down for several hours in Nashville, TN (45 mins south) ... 3G, for me, never went out. 4G is back up and better than it's been for a few weeks!

Murker

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, my father-in-law got the Droid Charge last summer and he doesn't even have 4G within 25 miles of his house. But he might have got it activated while he was in the store, maybe they have a way of doing that.

I was in the store when I got the phone. They couldn't do anything with it. They said just leave it and when the 4G comes up, it will automatically activate.

We shall see.....

Rotech72

Reaction score
Houston...we have a problem...network acting ****ty