Today Looks Like Verizon 4G LTE Outage Wednesday

DaWolf85

Reaction score
After a little fun with network settings, 4G is working here in Boston again. The residual issues are gone, so hopefully it'll stick this time.

???

Reaction score
i got a bad feeling my nexus is screwed. ive flashed backups, changed radios,everything can think of.

my girl friends bolt work great, i get strong 4g for about 30secs. tests 12meg down, -90something db which is great for me. then bam, nothing at all for as long as i leave it along. cycle power and its back for a bit.

i really dont wanna deal with a replacement phone.

i even called to renew the prl. nothing.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
i got a bad feeling my nexus is screwed. ive flashed backups, changed radios,everything can think of.

my girl friends bolt work great, i get strong 4g for about 30secs. tests 12meg down, -90something db which is great for me. then bam, nothing at all for as long as i leave it along. cycle power and its back for a bit.

i really dont wanna deal with a replacement phone.

i even called to renew the prl. nothing.

Had that problem once with my bolt, nothing would fix it until I went on a road trip out of the 4G area of Boston. It started working the moment I got back in range of a 4G tower.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Good that am not alone ... Verizon are still tweaking their towers apprently. Today in Los Angeles CA ..... up till tonight had an outage too. 3g to 4g and sometimes no data.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
And now it's down AGAIN in Boston - or my TB has just jumped on the bandwagon and started breaking my 4G connection on its own. Honestly, I'm not sure which one it is at this point.
Can VZW set up some constantly active mode of confirmation as to when 4G is up and when it is down? This seriously pisses me off that I have no way of knowing whether my it's the network or my phone that is screwed.

Honestly, Verizon, I really don't give a crap that you don't want people to think your network is f-ed up, because let's face the hard truth. It is f-ed up, and you need to provide tools to help us work around that.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It was out for me too on my trip from Anaheim to West LA early this morning. I don't know when it came back since I had wifi at my destination. I'm just glad it wasn't a problem with my phone, I was thinking I may have froze an app that I shouldn't have. At least 3g was working during that time but it was spotty.

deltafar

Reaction score
I live in Daytona Beach and as of this morning I still have no 4g... 3g has been working soso.

EchoDeltaJuliet

Reaction score
4g still seems to be out in Phoenix as well. Had to fight to get the 3g connection I have now but seems to be stable for now.

???

Reaction score
mine's still junk this morning. was in the middle of backing everything up and heading to verizon because i have 4 other local people with no 4g issues at all. 2 other nexus and 2 bolts.

i really really hate dealing with returning phones to verizon. you always end up screwed sohow.

blah. hope this sorts itself out. but damn if i know how.

EchoDeltaJuliet

Reaction score
4g ok

4g still seems to be out in Phoenix as well. Had to fight to get the 3g connection I have now but seems to be stable for now.

Looks like 4G is back up for now. I had to reboot my Razr in order for it to finally connect but speed test is reporting 4G speeds. We'll see how long this lasts.

???

Reaction score
so i had tried just about everything, flashed backups, cleared cache, called the prl number a few times and everything, tried all 3 different raidos and nothing helped. last thing i did before returning it to stock by flashing a clean installed os and relocking everything to return the phone was to just wipe everything twice and not restore a back up of any kind. just let everything sync back up. and it seems to have worked. no idea what could have gotten messed up by yesterdays on again off again 4g, cause i hadn't changed anything lately, am rooted but no roms or anything, just rooted on the stock rom. 4.0.2 not even .4. but now i have full bars around places i never had more than one or 2. and at lunch my girlfriends bolt had 3 out of 4 bars and gnex had full 4 bars side by side. i didn't check db's cause we were talking eating but atleast i don't have to return it.

gotta set everything back up manually cause i'm scared to use a backup at this point, but still very weird. wonder what in the software wasn't part of the radios, didn't work with a full nandroid restored backup from months ago but fixed itself with a full factor wipe. just doesn't seem right.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
This sucks...I am still having trouble with 4g claims I have it, but with d/l speed of 3.13 and an u/l speed of 1.61 I am pretty sure that is not 4g....I have tried shutting the phone off and rebooting it. Nothing yet.