Your opinions please; move on or not!

Beccaria

Reaction score
The Samsung S3 will be available on June 22. Why would you move from the MAXX to the S3, or not?

Thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The only things the S3 has that interest me is a larger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera (with the way Android handles apps, the increased RAM really won't be all that noticeable in everyday use, nor will the slightly higher clock speed on the processor).

But those things aren't enough for me to jump ship, especially when you look at the downsides that are likely to come with the S3. Battery is of course a major thing. It's doubtful an OEM extended battery will be released that will get the S3 up to par with the MAXX, and third-party parties always fall far short of their ratings. So, battery life won't begin to touch the MAXX. Something that's even more important to me than battery life is reception. Every Samsung Android phone I've had on Verizon has had poor to mediocre reception (Fascinate, Charge, Stratosphere, Galaxy Nexus). The Galaxy Nexus was the worst of them all. I found the Galaxy Nexus to be a great device, but a horrible phone because of the reception issues. I hope Samsung has figured out how to do proper CDMA and LTE radios with the SIII, but my experience with them makes me very leery of giving them another shot (until some serious reviews come along), especially when the MAXX has the best reception around. I'm also not a fan of Touch Whiz. Far too cartoony for my taste. Motorola's current skins are the least intrusive of all of the major OEM skins, and on the ICS leaks, the skin is even more minimal. The build quality is also second to none on the MAXX, especially compared to Samsung's devices.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah not even the Droid Fighter could pull me away from my MAXX, the S3 stands no chance of swaying me away from the happiness that is the Droid Razr MAXX.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The only things the S3 has that interest me is a larger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera (with the way Android handles apps, the increased RAM really won't be all that noticeable in everyday use, nor will the slightly higher clock speed on the processor).

But those things aren't enough for me to jump ship, especially when you look at the downsides that are likely to come with the S3. Battery is of course a major thing. It's doubtful an OEM extended battery will be released that will get the S3 up to par with the MAXX, and third-party parties always fall far short of their ratings. So, battery life won't begin to touch the MAXX. Something that's even more important to me than battery life is reception. Every Samsung Android phone I've had on Verizon has had poor to mediocre reception (Fascinate, Charge, Stratosphere, Galaxy Nexus). The Galaxy Nexus was the worst of them all. I found the Galaxy Nexus to be a great device, but a horrible phone because of the reception issues. I hope Samsung has figured out how to do proper CDMA and LTE radios with the SIII, but my experience with them makes me very leery of giving them another shot (until some serious reviews come along), especially when the MAXX has the best reception around. I'm also not a fan of Touch Whiz. Far too cartoony for my taste. Motorola's current skins are the least intrusive of all of the major OEM skins, and on the ICS leaks, the skin is even more minimal. The build quality is also second to none on the MAXX, especially compared to Samsung's devices.

What she ^ said! :biggrin:

GSdub510

Reaction score
I am still within the 14 day return so I keep debating whether I should return the Maxx and pre-order the S3...I like this phone but the S3 looks real nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

yellowcanary73

Reaction score
I am still within the 14 day return so I keep debating whether I should return the Maxx and pre-order the S3...I like this phone but the S3 looks real nice.

Have to remember it may look nice but does it work for what you want I jumped from a DROID X to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was a great big mistake. The screen was nice ICS was nice but then came the draw backs very slow rotation,rebooting,reception and worse of all battery life really hated charging 2 to 3 times a day with the 2100 extended battery which is the same battery the S3 comes with. I realllove being able to charge at night then not charge again till the next night and still have 50% in reserve.

huskur

Reaction score

I am going to order the SG3 and use it a week or 2 and decide. At least the SG3 has a battery you can switch out if need be. Thats an easy solution for the somewhat weaker battery compared to the Maxx. Anyway, if you are in the position just get the SG3 and try it (OP). The phone you don't like can be a spare or you can switch the SIM and use both.

I am going to try it. The bigger the screen the better. I am trying to find a phone (like the note) to replace my laptop on business trips

GSdub510

Reaction score
yellowcanary73 said:
Have to remember it may look nice but does it work for what you want I jumped from a DROID X to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was a great big mistake. The screen was nice ICS was nice but then came the draw backs very slow rotation,rebooting,reception and worse of all battery life really hated charging 2 to 3 times a day with the 2100 extended battery which is the same battery the S3 comes with. I realllove being able to charge at night then not charge again till the next night and still have 50% in reserve.

With the amount of times my phone drops data, the S3 can't be worse

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
yellowcanary73 said:

Careful what you say...:icon_ devil:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Ha, ha. I take it you haven't used the Verizon Galaxy Nexus (another Samsung phone), have you?

GSdub510

Reaction score
Haha yeah true but my Galaxy S never had reception or data dropping issues. Wonder why the Nexus and Charge went off track

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
Razr Maxx battery, stability, solid performance as a phone and email device are the best I have ever had by a long shot and I love the Motorola stock operating system. I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to another phone that has not proven to beat this phone in all these areas. The US version of the s3 is only dual core anyway. Completely not worth it.

If you don't care about not charging the phone during the day, getting your emails quickly, the phone never crashing on you or always being able to have good phone service and just want the next big thing, go for it. Me, I'm happy with the last great thing that is the maxx.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Yeah...the S3 won't level up to the Razr HD...thing looks sweet