Razr Maxx-opinion

phil1166

Reaction score
So I just did my upgrade & got the Razr Maxx for free from Best Buy. Is this a good phone. I have time to return it if I want to. I just bought the iPhone 5 for my wife for $150. I also see that the galaxy s3 is $150. It was $50 on Sunday as a one day only sale. I was kinda bummed about that. I just want to know before I commit. Any opinions??

evan2001

Reaction score
I've had my max for a year+ and love it and the battery life. My GF got the 3s and it seems to be a good phone. But battery life is a little less and for me the screen to big.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think the Razr Maxx is an excellent phone. I would have never thought to get something different while I had it if it weren't for getting the Razr M for free. Why did I decide to use the Razr M over the Maxx? It was a tough decision but I really like the size of the M. Battery life was as good. Display a little sharper. But I do not have hdmi port on the M, not as good a front facing camera and half the internal storage. I don't use hdmi or ff camera so was not a loss there. My son inherited my Maxx and he could not be happier.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

t35rk

Reaction score
The GS3 and the Iphone 5 are the world's two greatest phones (outside of the Note 2) Imo. For me that is worth an extra $150, but you have to decide for yourself.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I started out with the Maxx and then bought the S3 in October. Used it for about a month and then went back to the Maxx because I just needed the better signal quality and better battery. I was getting anywhere from 15-18 hours on the S3 before I hit about 15%. 3 days ago I traded my S3 for the Maxx HD and I am absolutely THRILLED with the phone thus far. Just charged it last night for the first time and phone had been on for 41 hours with 4.5 hours on screen time. I typically only got 2.5 hours, maybe 3, of screen time with the original Maxx. The phone uses the battery SO much better!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I just did my upgrade & got the Razr Maxx for free from Best Buy. Is this a good phone. I have time to return it if I want to. I just bought the iPhone 5 for my wife for $150. I also see that the galaxy s3 is $150. It was $50 on Sunday as a one day only sale. I was kinda bummed about that. I just want to know before I commit. Any opinions??
I PERSONALLY would not own an iPhone. iPhones are great for those users who want something simple, somewhat limited in capability, "locked" by Apple in terms of customization and like being confined to what Apple thinks they should have or want. My son and my sister have the S3. They experience continual data drops, dropped calls and weaker signal strength than I do...sitting a couple of feet apart from each other. The build quality of the Maxx is far superior to the S3...there is no plastic on the Maxx....the S3 is all plastic (so to speak). The camera is better on the S3 without argument. In case you haven't guessed by now...I think the Maxx is the better phone despite the specification differences. I've had the Razr before the Maxx...they are both great, reliable Android phones.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I've had no problems with my Maxx and I plan on keeping this phone for a while.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I love my maxx and get better than 2 days battery life where I live. (I did just travel to an area with poor 4G and barely got 24 hours though). My daughter and son in law both have iPhones (4s) and are very unhappy with them.
A classmate of mine has the GS III which on the outside is a very nice phone with a great camera compared to the Maxx but gets terible battery life. I did read the other day though that samsung is relaesing a 3000mAh battery for the GS III.

David

t35rk

Reaction score
I love my maxx and get better than 2 days battery life where I live. (I did just travel to an area with poor 4G and barely got 24 hours though). My daughter and son in law both have iPhones (4s) and are very unhappy with them.
A classmate of mine has the GS III which on the outside is a very nice phone with a great camera compared to the Maxx but gets terible battery life. I did read the other day though that samsung is relaesing a 3000mAh battery for the GS III.

David

Not to start a flaming war but most gs3s (mine included) get good battery life.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO the Maxx is a great phone . i have the S3 and it is a great phone and i get very good battery life with it . no where near the maxx hd though :).. the radios in MOTO are better . my s3 stuggles for 3g while my wife with her razr , or bionic have 4g . so all in all it is what makes you the owner happy ..

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Not to start a flaming war but most gs3s (mine included) get good battery life.
This is ture...G3 has good battery life, some nice functions that Maxx does not have...it is a good phone.

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
So far i like this phone a lot. It is leaps and much better than the piece of garbage Thunderbolt that i had. This is something i think i can live with for awhile and it was FREE!!

AirJunky

Reaction score
I had the Maxx for a while & would say it's a good phone & you got it for a great price!

But the Maxx HD is everything the Maxx was, plus some more. A bit better battery life, simplier screens, faster, etc.