Your Favorite Case for Moto X?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Just got my Moto X last week. On my first full week with it.

In my opinion, this phone is absolutely fantastic for all the "mid-range" specs it has. I love it for its features and it performs extremely well and has great battery life. But, that's for another thread.

I'm rocking my X naked right now (and would normally prefer it that way), but would like to get a thin protective case for the back and to keep the screen off of whatever surface I set it on. I don't think I'm going to be using a screen protector as the screen seems very durable and scratch resistant. It also has a great feel that I don't want to compromise.

That being said, what case do you prefer? Which ones are you using? What other accessories do you recommend?

Thanks!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Nice to see another former Galaxy Nexus make the upragde. Got my Moto X on Halloween after seeing the Nexus 5 unveil. Couldn't be happier. I ordered the cheap Diztronic TPU matte black case from Amazon, just as I did for my Galaxy Nexus. The cases are very durable and are so cheap that even if you don't like it, you can just buy another type. They are $9 I believe and have gotten great reviews on all the phones they are available for. Still waiting for it to come in, but will give an update when it does. I would suggest checking them out if for no other reason to have a case to use before making your final decision.

In my opinion, this phone is absolutely fantastic for all the "mid-range" specs it has. I love it for its features and it performs extremely well and has great battery life. But, that's for another thread.
I also love my Moto X. Couldn't agree more with this part of your post. Below is the link to the case.

http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Mat...d=1383693311&sr=8-1&keywords=diztronic+moto+x

Last edited:
OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, former gnex user here, and I don't regret the upgrade to Moto X for one second.

I used to have the Diztronic case on my old gnex, and it was a great case for sure. I'm also looking into the Bear Motion case. It looks very thin and minimalistic, which is right up my alley. I might try that one (only 6 bucks), and if I don't like it, I will likely go with the trusty Diztronic.

Also looking for any recommendations for other accessories as well. Thanks!

rza49311

Reaction score
I have the Diztronic TPU case for my moto x. Had one for my Droid RAZR as well. It holds up great and provides good protection. The only problem is that the Moto X screen is so edge to edge, it's difficult to tap along the edge since the case is raised slightly.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I also got a Diztronic TPU case to use "temporarily" because it was cheap ($6 or $7, I believe). But I like it, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

And yes, also love my X!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Looks like the black Moto X Bear Motion case is out of stock on Amazon. Anyone else see this? Is there anywhere else to pick one up?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like the black Moto X Bear Motion case is out of stock on Amazon. Anyone else see this? Is there anywhere else to pick one up?

The Bear Motion case is a pile of poo. Do not waste your hard earned money there.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The Bear Motion case is a pile of poo. Do not waste your hard earned money there.

Thanks for the tip Guidot. I went with the diztronic. Its supposed to come in the mail tomorrow so I'll report back once I get it.

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Already had the case from bear motion ordered before guidot gave the "piece of poo" review. Any details you want to give? Specifics as to why its a piece of poo?

Anyway, I got mine in the mail yesterday. Overall nice case with a couple minor flaws.

First, the texture is nice. Very grippy. It is a very minimalistic case that is barely noticeable, which is what I was looking for. Adds no bilk to the phone. Fairly easy access to buttons and has a completely open top and bottom, with cutouts for camera, flash, speaker, buttons. Easy to put on and take off.

My gripes: claims to slightly rise above the screen, so that when you set the phone down on the screen, it doesn't make contact with the surface. I found this to not be the case for me - it doesn't give any protection or space between a surface and the screen. The screen still sits flat against the surface I lay it on. Kinda bugs me...

Second gripe is that the corners are left open. Not sure if this will be an issue as to whether or not they'll be protected, but it doesn't exactly give me peace of mind.

Third minor gripe is there is no cutout for the Moto dimple on the back. Just when I was starting to get used to it...bummer.

I think for $7 its not a major loss. I will probably continue to use this case and get a diztronic as well. Or rock my phone naked. I like it naked (no case, no screen protector) the best.

Overall, not a terrible case, but could use some minor improvements.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Got my diztronic in the mail today. It is pretty much everything I expected it to be. Great case all the way around, but as soon I put it on I just wanted to take it off. The phone as is is designed so perfectly and feels so good in hand that I don't think I can go with a case 100% of the time like I used to with my Galaxy Nexus. At home or anywhere I'm lounging I most likely won't use the case, but anytime I'm on the go I will most likely just slip the case on. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
...as soon I put it on I just wanted to take it off. The phone as is is designed so perfectly and feels so good in hand that I don't think I can go with a case 100% of the time

Yep. Naked all the way.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
b-jammin21 the loss of the dimple and the fact I couldn't get it out of my pants pocket anymore without looking like I was wrestling myself made me make the poo comment. It has a screen protector and a naked behind for now. But I think that's how it'll stay.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
b-jammin21 the loss of the dimple and the fact I couldn't get it out of my pants pocket anymore without looking like I was wrestling myself made me make the poo comment. It has a screen protector and a naked behind for now. But I think that's how it'll stay.

I'm surprised how handy that dimple is in the back of the phone. Really like it, now can't live without it.

I personally just ordered the black S-Line case but am having second thoughts. Nekkid all the way?