Droid X Screen Protector VS Gorilla Glass?

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by Bennybbc, Aug 3, 2010.

1. wrightperspective

wrightperspective Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Personally, I protect the whole thing against scratches with a Stealth Guard Protector (I have the Droid 1). Their price is really good at $15 for two full body protectors. It's more of piece of mind for me but I do like these better than the Zagg or Best Skins Ever and the price is killer.

2. Bennybbc

Bennybbc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good price. But from what I can see it doesn't appear to offer any significant amount of impact protection. If I drop my phone onto an asphalt parking lot I'd be more concerned with breaking it in some way than scratching it. But maybe the phones are tougher than I give them credit for. I'd just hate to crack a corner or damage something internally. What I do like about this sort of, "Case" is that it doesn't add to the size of the phone and you can still use a stock cradle.

Bruce

3. dsteinschneider

dsteinschneider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been buying Boxwave crystal screen protectors for various devices over the years. Once in a while I'll use the VZW ones in a pinch as I did this weekend when I bought the droid x. Mainly because my rep gave me a great discount for any of the accessories. The antiglare isn't bad, I made sure the glass was free of lint/dust and did a perfect job applying it you can barely tell there is a protector. There is a bit of reflection inside the protector (little microscopic dots of color) which I think is part of the antiglare effort. It does look pretty clear in the sun compared to the bare glass but there is the tiniest diminishing of clarity due to the effect mentioned above.

4. LiK

LiK New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, didn't know Gorilla Glass was used for the Droid and the Droid X. I've heard amazing stories about it. From what I read, they plan on using this glass on future HDTVs. Tech sites say their glass is incredibly durable. Maybe I don't need a screen protector for my Droid X after all. I haven't found any great reviews for X screen protectors anyway.

5. Cornholeo

Cornholeo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used InvisiShield when I had a Backflip. It did what it was supposed to do, protect the screen. I was not not that concerned with clarity as much and really did not think much about sensitivity.
    Before I recieved my DroidX I poured through the forums as I wanted to keep that incredible screen true. I decided on the Steinheil Ulta Crystal and was blown away at the difference! I have shown off my new toy and most people do not realize there is a protector until I show them.

6. dmp135

dmp135 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Steinheil Ultra Crystal as well and am quite pleased with the clarity and the sensitivity. Most of all it makes me happy to know that the small scratch that showed me that the gorilla glass might be tough on pressure/impact but was indeed easily scratched, will be my last.

7. Dxun

Dxun Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just go to Best Buy and get the Ghost Armor installed for 25 bux. It is guaranteed for life. Costs only 5 bux to have it replaced if it gets scratched. Doesn't hurt to have extra protection for expensive devices like these.

8. poppafrito

poppafrito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I take the better safe than sorry approach. First thing I got was the screen protector from verizon. I dont care what the screen is made of.

9. idpay2cthat

idpay2cthat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm now using a Droid X, but had a Droid 1 before this. I purchased a 3 pack of screen protectors from s "Verizon Store" (authorized Verizon Dealer). I'm a phone cover freak. I still have the plastic on the battery cover on my Droid 1 (my wife has it now) and my Droid X so... The 3 pack I got ($10) was made for the Droid 1 by XENTRIS. Gosh darnit... I've only used one of the protectors and it's on it's SECOND Droid 1! I'm really trying to find this brand cover for the X but I'm not having much luck. I have the Invisible Shield on it now, and I'm very disappointed. It has light scratches on it after a month. It feels rubbery/tacky.

So there... My $.02

10. droidkm

droidkm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have a droid 1, never used a screen protector, i have a maybe 3/4 cm scratch on the screen. it's really light and unnoticeable but it's there, i assume it happened in my pocket sometime. if i could redo it, i still wouldn't get a screen protector.

11. Daballer155

Daballer155 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have use ZAGG screen protectors on both my iphone (2 years now an barely shows any use) and droid x (3 months strong!)...there isn't a better product out there..these protectors are tough son's of bit©hes, highly recommended and decently cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. DroidXhopeful

DroidXhopeful New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stealthguards has and still is giving away free full body sets. Got mine in the mail today. They came in a regular envelope no instructions just a shipping manifest and the protector. The cuts for the Droid X while correct in dimension do not go all the way through, this forces you to tear them and or cut them to place it on the device. Than on top of this the sticky residue is extremely suspicious I do not trust that it wouldn't permanently damage your phone. Lastly the clarity sucks within minutes of applying I removed it, it makes photos horridly out of focus and just ruins the the giant beautiful screen on the Droid X. Giant waste of $3. The Otterbox Commuter can't come out soon enough.

Search tags for this page

droid x screen durability

glass screen protector vs
how durable are droid screen