Verizon’s Droid X Screen Protectors Come Up Short….Literally

dvader

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a screen protector that covers 100% of the glass.
I'm looking for a protector that covers from border to border, 100%
I don't want a 1-1.5mm strip at the top or bottom.

as has been said before, this phone isn't cheap and I don't want scratches on any part of the glass, even if it's not the screen..

I bought the zagg invisible shiled and when i lined it up. I could see that it wasn't going to cover 100%
I watched a you tube review of the SPG steinheil and the guy said "border to border"
but then at the end he says, you'll end up with a little blank strip/space at the bottom

that's not border to border, it's not 100% coverage.

anyone know of one that does cover 100%?

Thanks

RSC10

Reaction score

as has been said before, this phone isn't cheap and I don't want scratches on any part of the glass, even if it's not the screen..

I bought the zagg invisible shiled and when i lined it up. I could see that it wasn't going to cover 100%
I watched a you tube review of the SPG steinheil and the guy said "border to border"
but then at the end he says, you'll end up with a little blank strip/space at the bottom

Thanks

I have the Steinheil crystal installed. It fully covers the glass portion of the DX's screen. The protector is only fractionally smaller that then glass to ensure it adheres correctly.....

jacksonj51

Reaction score
Once again.... Ebay

Got 5 for 99 cents.

I've learned that the best screen protectors are the cheap ones. All the other special screen protectors and body shields etc are crap. Waste of money and give it that rubbery feel where your finger doesn't glide smoothly on the glass.

Meanstreak1

Reaction score

Thanks

I have the Steinheil crystal installed. It fully covers the glass portion of the DX's screen. The protector is only fractionally smaller that then glass to ensure it adheres correctly.....

As far as I'm concerned it covers it completely. I started the install from the top so there is a tiny sliver of space which I deliberatly left at the bottom so as not to hit up against the hard keys. I agree that it needs to be slightly smaller or it would be impposible to install. I don't see how the little unprotected gap... less than a milimeter could sustain any damage.

My hard case covers the sides so it looks very neat and you really would not know I have a screen protector installed.

Oh and the touch response is perfect... possibly more to my liking actually.

zettler

Reaction score
I have to say that the Verizon ones do a crummy job as they diminish the screen quality - i.e., the picture is not as vibrant as the DROID was with their protectors.

So I will be looking for better replacements.

06LTNox

Reaction score
I got the three pack with the mobile bundle, and I agree that it would of been nice to go to the edge of the glass, and that it does effect the screen some. But I personally love the papery feel that it gives the screen.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I have the ones from Verizon, 3 in a pack, so far so good, I suppose if/when I finish all 3, I'll go for the stein crystal screen protector, but they are kinda expensive, and looks like you only get 1 per pack at 13-14 bucks at the link, Im not rushing to get it.