Yay! - ICS for the Rezound finally rolling out?

trackman1

Reaction score
onle last thing after its completed how do you check if new OTA Ice Cream sandwich shows as new platform???

thanks

Last edited:

Taco

Reaction score
For those with issues with the update downloading but not installing and the inability to check for a new update try this! Open up the status menu under software updates and let it sit there for a while. A few minutes later it will prompt you to install the update and all shall be good. Worked for me!

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

TWC42

Reaction score
I'm in an extended area with only 1X data. If I try to get the update, how long will it take? I have the time, and could do it overnight with the phone on the charger. Just wondering if it's worth the effort or should I wait for 4G or WiFi. Is there any user interaction required once the upgrade starts?
UPDATE: went to Settings, Software, and Check New was greyed out (roaming). Can't upgrade if I wanted to.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those with issues with the update downloading but not installing and the inability to check for a new update try this! Open up the status menu under software updates and let it sit there for a while. A few minutes later it will prompt you to install the update and all shall be good. Worked for me!

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

I did that.... Sort of. I did the status like you suggested but after looking at my phone for 2 minutes I got impatient, hit the back button, tapped the check new and it brought up the installing will not allow 911 blah blah blah, I tapped ok, it is now installing the 7.1 mb update as I write this.
Fwiw, ics is also starting to roll out for the Galaxy Tab 1 series so I might end up using my Fire for everything if both my phone and Tab updates are fragged

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

Reaction score
Just downloaded the update and am playing with it now. I am in SC. It took about 45 minutes.

peepmyswag

Reaction score
stuck on htc white splash screen

Rooted stock i unfroze everything. downloaded the ics, went to bootloader to install. it appeared to install, and then just sat at the recovery menus. so i reboot the phone and now it just sits at the white htc splash screen. Whats the fix??

edit: I waited on the splash screen for 20 minutes and nothing.

Mekk

Reaction score
redwood said:
downloading now in DC, but seems stuck @ 0%...anybody else experiencing this?

I to reboot a few times. Every time i switched locations, the download froze.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
I pulled it 12 noon EST New Jersey, Today.Went very smooth on 4g. (I have UL data)

Now I have the device that I thought I purchased 5 months ago.

The rendering speed and IPhoney type GUI is most noticeable. Like the new G mail interface. Seems the 4g radio is a bit more robust. And last but not least..the web pages are loaded quicker and are easier to read fonts.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just starting the download this minute (the first 7mb one) as we speak...Los Angeles 9:50 p.m. (keeping my fingers cross).

Claudzion

Reaction score
So far so good! Fully updated. 4G holding and love the look.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Mine's been chuggin' along for almost an hour now..

I wonder if there's a manual we can download to explain how this sucker works. Anyone know?

Last edited: