Xoom over priced!

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by LadyPhoenix, Mar 11, 2011.

1. LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix New Member

Really want the xoom tablet but at 800 can't do it... and re Ipad2 is HALF that price. While I in no way want an Apple of any kind. Just don't get why xoom would price themselves out of the mkt like that. Ok vent over

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Triumphrider

Triumphrider New Member

The Xoom is well worth the money. And if you wanna go the cheaper route, just wait till the wifi only version come out.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
  3. ZombieSixShot

ZombieSixShot New Member

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

News flash: Droid X is not a Xoom. Moved to correct area. ;)
  5. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

I went to the VZW store today and played around with a Xoom. I liked it but for some reason it felt heavier than I would like and not as responsive. However, if I had $800 burning my pocket, I would buy it.
  6. LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix New Member

Sorry. What forum and board was this moved to? And ty for the sans club idea.

7. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum > Verizon Android Tablets > Motorola Xoom
  8. kennyc

kennyc New Member

People keep saying this, but I don't think it's really true. If you compare similarly featured (of course iPad doesn't have sdcard or 4G capability or usb) then the prices are not that different and you get an open system. So there. :)
  9. Kanibull

Kanibull New Member

viewsonic gtablet has pretty close specs without comparing cell signals(since it only comes in wifi only) for much cheaper. It also has custom aosp roms already.
  10. gquiring

gquiring New Member

Your not comparing equal systems. Apple's $500 iPad is WiFi only and 16gig. The Xoom is 32gb and 3G/4G. So the iPad with 32gig and 3G is $729. So yes the Xoom is $70 more, iPad is NOT half the price. The XOOM also includes USB and a microSD card slot that Apple does not. The XOOM also has better cameras and a higher res display. What Xoom does not have is vast library of tablet only apps. That's gonna take some time.
  11. LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix New Member

Thanks for clarifying & suggestions

12. ChelseaBlue

ChelseaBlue New Member

Xoom also has Flash 10.2 leaked today and official flash to be released on the 18. IPad equals not

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
  13. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

I think it's over priced also. I was in the mall at the Verizon kiosk and one of the girls was trying to make a sale to me. She also offered the Galaxy Tab to me but I told her I wasn't interested in 2.2. I'll probably go back when the price goes down. No sooner than that though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14. kyler13

kyler13 New Member

I really have no interest in paying laptop prices for a tablet, but I did test drive the Xoom recently in a Verizon store and have to admit despite its price, it offers far more value than a comparably equipped ipad2 based on what it can do. I also felt that it was a smooth experience and in no way inferior to the ipad2 which seemed to me to be just a scaled up (in size and price) iphone. The poor Xoom sales compared with the lines for the ipad2 completely baffles me. I'd like to think it's because of the less storage and wi-fi only options on the ipad2, but my better sense tells me it's more likely brainwashing.
  15. kennyc

kennyc New Member

Not really poor, but it is ALL ABOUT MARKETING. Jobs is the P.T. Barnum of technology.
  16. nolanandy

nolanandy New Member

have you read the review on the Viewsonic tablet? most 3rd apps do not work, no flash...
  17. Techsniffer

Techsniffer New Member

Xoom = $800 ($600 with contract)
    Dual core
    Larger screen and higher resolution
    Front and Rear Camera
    Flash content
    SD card slot
    4G

iPad has NONE of these things, and even the iPad 2 only has a few of them but not all

The pricepoint between the iPad 2 and the Xoom are similar as they are the only two devices similar in hardware. Of course the original iPad is half price, because its old tech that is half the worth of the Xoom.

But after some of the reviews of the iPad 2 and its problems (backlight bleed, yellow specs in the screen, massive shipping delays for online orders and other problems). I'm glad I stuck with a company that has always left me happy and not gone with Apple who is happy sticking it to the customers.
  18. sloppy

sloppy New Member

I think the ipad vs xoom debate is played out. Personally I think they are two totally different machines. I am partial to the xoom as I own one but looked at both in making my decision. As for paying laptop price for a tab, That's exactly what I wanted. I haven't carried my laptop for three weeks. The flash is sweet and I like androids open platform vs apples do what we tell you platform. The biggest factor for the xoom for me is no iTunes. Drag and dropping of any file anywhere on my device was a big factor. Everyones got their opinion and mine is the ipad is nothing more than an oversized iPod as to where my xoom has replaced my laptop and can be used as a true business machine.
  19. ILUVDROID

ILUVDROID New Member

its very overpriced i had a Xoom and returned it today. sometimes it lags and apps crash.
  20. Donnie666

Donnie666 New Member

I agree... your either an Ipad user or a xoom user. The debate is getting old as s$*t. If you want a device that does everything for you and your not technical get an Ipad. If your a person who is technical and likes to try new things go with the xoom. Its the same effin debate between mac and pc. Im in IT and would rather never use a device again than use anything by apple but does that mean crap? No, its my opinion. I have a Friend who is opasite but hes a fa@@et. Lmao

Motorola Xoom
    Droid Forums app

Donnie
Search tags for this page

motorola xoom aircard