x2 stuck in a boot loop

OP
P

pointnumberone

Reaction score
Yeah... it won't boot because of the permissions problems... the entire /system/apps folder was overwritten. :icon_eek:

So... we can't get connected using ADB. The only option from the recovery that doesn't result in a boot loop is RSD (and fastboot), which we don't have an image for yet. *sigh*
That's a real problem -- I'm sorry, man.

Did you try that repair link at motorola posted earlier?

Repair tool doesn't detect the phone, in any of the states we can stay in (recovery/rsd/fastboot).

Pretty much out of luck till an .sbf is available (or magical update.zip appears).

psouza4

Reaction score
I can create one... but it needs to be signed by Verizon/Motorola (i'm guessing verizon). I tried signing one myself using openssl, but no luck.
Yes, with your own keys (OpenSSL) -- but if you read that thread, it supplies keys for you (testsign.jar has its own keys). The thread is a generic Motorola one, so it may work -- or not -- but worth a try?

OP
P

pointnumberone

Reaction score
I can create one... but it needs to be signed by Verizon/Motorola (i'm guessing verizon). I tried signing one myself using openssl, but no luck.
Yes, with your own keys (OpenSSL) -- but if you read that thread, it supplies keys for you (testsign.jar has its own keys). The thread is a generic Motorola one, so it may work -- or not -- but worth a try?

Thanks! I'll give it a try.