Wtf is wrong with my Battery?

texasplayamade

Reaction score
So I found out one of the big issues with my battery.
This seemed to work.

Battery Before:
7AM-1PM = About 12% left

Battery After:
7AM-10PM = 64% left.

Not only did it add more hours onto my battery, it was barely used up.
This is with me using facebook app, browser, calling people and texting.

Go into settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks
Make sure "Enable always-on mobile data" is OFF.
I've had no issues with any applications so far and no issues with the phone data usage.

Worked for me. :D
so by turning this off will you have to refresh your emails and all that stuff manually?and you wont get the notifications for the stuff?

But will u still receive message n phone calls ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Sutasei

Reaction score
My phone has been running as normal. Same phone calls, texts, email, web, etc. It's all good.

Only thing that's changed is a better battery life.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Droid eris battery problems!!!

Ive had my eris for some time and although the battery life was never great, no I can barely even get it to charge.. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with it and if verizon will help me?? I cant afford to get a new phone so I could really use some help :)

Marco Montana

Reaction score
So I found out one of the big issues with my battery.
This seemed to work.

Battery Before:
7AM-1PM = About 12% left

Battery After:
7AM-10PM = 64% left.

Not only did it add more hours onto my battery, it was barely used up.
This is with me using facebook app, browser, calling people and texting.

Go into settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks
Make sure "Enable always-on mobile data" is OFF.
I've had no issues with any applications so far and no issues with the phone data usage.

Worked for me. :D
so by turning this off will you have to refresh your emails and all that stuff manually?and you wont get the notifications for the stuff?

But will u still receive message n phone calls ?

Hmmm I just disabled Data Always on whereas i had it ticked, and emailed myself from my desktop using my comcast mail to my gmail account, I received the email within 30 secs.

I will monitor if the battery is better utilized...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ive had my eris for some time and although the battery life was never great, no I can barely even get it to charge.. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with it and if verizon will help me?? I cant afford to get a new phone so I could really use some help :)
Hit eBay or Amazon. You can get a replacement battery for around $10-15, delivered.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Hit eBay or Amazon. You can get a replacement battery for around $10-15, delivered.

This is a good idea, since rooting and freezing apps, shutting down gps when not needed etc. I've had much better battery life. However a spare would be nice in the event of high usage.:motdroidvert:

soundofclocks

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible last week and so far I get better battery life than I did with my Droid. The Droid only lasted about 15 or so hours with light usage and the Incredible is lasting at least 5 hours more with moderate usage. Do you guys think 20 hours is a short battery life or is my Incredible something special?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just got my Incredible last week and so far I get better battery life than I did with my Droid. The Droid only lasted about 15 or so hours with light usage and the Incredible is lasting at least 5 hours more with moderate usage. Do you guys think 20 hours is a short battery life or is my Incredible something special?

strange you'd say that, the incredible is well-known for its pedestrian battery life among the Droid lineup. Did you have any ROMs or constant running apps on your Droid?

As for better improvement, i followed the suggestion of "Mobile always on" and turned that off. We'll see how much it improves battery life, for now i'll stay unrooted as I'm going on a trip and won't have a PC in case something goes wrong.

soundofclocks

Reaction score

strange you'd say that, the incredible is well-known for its pedestrian battery life among the Droid lineup. Did you have any ROMs or constant running apps on your Droid?

As for better improvement, i followed the suggestion of "Mobile always on" and turned that off. We'll see how much it improves battery life, for now i'll stay unrooted as I'm going on a trip and won't have a PC in case something goes wrong.

I was running my DInc stock (not even rooted) with the data connection always on.

VwCorrado

Reaction score
Apparently the 10% drain is normal. The battery shelf life decreases over time the longer the battery is at 100%. They took this into account and made it so that after 5 min or so it depletes to 90% to save the life of the battery. There is an article i found about this but i cant seem to find it again.

Droidist

Reaction score
Great Reviews!

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1800 mAh Battery Longer life than OEM+ Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for Verizon Incredible Droid Touch Pro2 My Touch Slide: Cell Phones & Accessories

You won't be disappointed. It's a huge improvement over the stock battery. I've read some of the reviews from Dinc owners who purchased this product and let me say that all were pleased! I can vouch for this as I've tested the battery for a couple of days now and the results have been amazing. The only problems I found was that the battery is supposedly a hair thicker than the stock but, the fitment is perfect! Also, it took about 8 hours to charge the first time for some reason; however, after the initial charge, it only took about 3 hours. I am also rooted and running SetCPU with Perflock disabled. This has allowed me to under clock my CPU to the minimum WHILE the screen is off which also helps to increase battery life. I am able to keep everything on including Wifi/BT/GPS/Sync/Autobrightness...Enable Mobile Data Always On is checked etc. I'll try to take pictures of my up/awake time but, let me tell you that I was getting almost 10hrs of awake time and 35hrs of up time with just a little bit under 15% battery life left! With little use, the battery could last for days!

Battery + SetCPU + Bump charge = :icon_ banana:

***Edit

I forgot to mention you can just get 1 battery for about $15 I believe. This can be purchased at htcexpress.com

Note: It's not the actual htc company but, I'm not complaining as the product is high quality!

By the way, I just snapped a picture of my screen to show you guys where it's at right now. I'll post up another one as an end result soon.

Last edited:

soundofclocks

Reaction score
Great Reviews!

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1800 mAh Battery Longer life than OEM+ Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for Verizon Incredible Droid Touch Pro2 My Touch Slide: Cell Phones & Accessories

You won't be disappointed. It's a huge improvement over the stock battery. I've read some of the reviews from Dinc owners who purchased this product and let me say that all were pleased! I can vouch for this as I've tested the battery for a couple of days now and the results have been amazing. The only problems I found was that the battery is supposedly a hair thicker than the stock but, the fitment is perfect! Also, it took about 8 hours to charge the first time for some reason; however, after the initial charge, it only took about 3 hours. I am also rooted and running SetCPU with Perflock disabled. This has allowed me to under clock my CPU to the minimum WHILE the screen is off which also helps to increase battery life. I am able to keep everything on including Wifi/BT/GPS/Sync/Autobrightness...Enable Mobile Data Always On is checked etc. I'll try to take pictures of my up/awake time but, let me tell you that I was getting almost 10hrs of awake time and 35hrs of up time with just a little bit under 15% battery life left! With little use, the battery could last for days!

Battery + SetCPU + Bump charge = :icon_ banana:

***Edit

I forgot to mention you can just get 1 battery for about $15 I believe. This can be purchased at htcexpress.com

Note: It's not the actual htc company but, I'm not complaining as the product is high quality!

By the way, I just snapped a picture of my screen to show you guys where it's at right now. I'll post up another one as an end result soon.

Your pic doesn't show how long the phone has been unplugged. Click the battery use for that.

And BTW, I bought that same battery from HTC Express. Not only does it make the battery door fit awkwardly (exposing some of the red around the bottom edge) but my stock battery lasts longer with the same usage pattern. I have thoroughly tested this because I really want the "1800mAh" to be better than my stock battery.

ECubed

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, turning off mobile always on data has improved my battery life by about 5 hours!