What is wrong with my battery?

Zregnier

Reaction score
Here's my phone's stats:
D1 rooted, running Alfonso's gpa 14 ROM, 1.2 Ghz LV kernel

Battery life has always been subpar like normal, but about 3 weeks ago I noticed my battery would jump from 50% down to 20% in 5 min and then sometimes I'd charge it and it would jump up just as quickly. I figured my 16 month old battery was dying and bought a new one. New one was doing the same thing right out of the box so I reset battery stats. It seemed to be OK for about 2 days and now it sucks again. I was just at 70% then put it on charger for 8-10 min and now it's full. Any ideas?

Z

PoweredbyINdroid

Reaction score
Amazon App Store

I had some problems with my battery on my OG Droid a few weeks ago right after loading the Amazon App Store. I removed it and all apps I picked up and all seems to be working fine now. Not sure why that would be, but just wanted to share my experience.

OG Droid, stock, unlocked and overclocked.

phishn

Reaction score
I too have had this problem with my Droid. The issue started somewhere around April 6 through April 10. I was running Cyanogenmod 7 RC4, Chevyno1's latest 1.2 ghz lv kernel stably for some time then my battery stats started going haywire. Dropping from 80% to 50%, and then plugging it in and it goes back up to 80% in a minute of charging. Tried resetting battery stats, etc, and it didn't help very long. A day or so and it was back to the same issue. I then reverted back to old faithful, Cyanogenmod 6.1.2, fresh install, chevyno1's latest 1.2 ghz lv kernel. Titanium Restore of all apps and it still happened.

Figured the same as the OP that it could just be my old battery. I then today removed all my Amazon apps and the app itself like PoweredbyINdroid mentioned. Rebooted, fully charged the battery, unplugged for a couple hours and it didn't skip percentages. It was skipping from 80% to 50%, now goes every 10% like it should. Couple observations is that I moved the Amazon marketplace to SD card, and restored the app with Titanium Backup during ROM switches, and the only app around that timeframe I installed from the marketplace was the X Construction free app of the day, and Fruit Ninja prior to that. I think there was an Amazon App store update around the time I started having issues but don't recall exactly when that was.