Wtf is wrong with my Battery?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Ive had my eris for some time and although the battery life was never great, no I can barely even get it to charge.. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with it and if verizon will help me?? I cant afford to get a new phone so I could really use some help :)
Hit eBay or Amazon. You can get a replacement battery for around $10-15, delivered.

He could also spend the extra money and pick up an extended battery. Yeah, they cost more, but WOW, what a difference they make.

-Mike

joker5974

Reaction score
A few tips you can try: First, let the battery drain to 0% and then charge it TURNED OFF for more than six hours. Charging it overnight while you're sleeping would be ideal. Do this a few nights in a row, as this will force the battery to refresh. Second, if you're running 2.2 root, charge the battery completely to 100% (make absolutely sure it's fully charged...leave it on the charger for an extra half hour even if the green diode is lit on the front), run Rom Manager and boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Under "advanced," choose "wipe battery stats," confirm the wipe, and then IMMEDIATELY reboot the phone. This will refresh the batt stats to show you greater accuracy under About Phone in Settings or whatever stats utility you're running (Spare Parts is also good). Third, if the above measures fail, then the possibility of a rogue app sucking juice in the background raises its ugly head. If you check battery usage under About Phone and see that the "Awake" and "Up" times are identical, then something is going on under the hood ("Awake" should always be lower than "Up"...if the phone is still burning battery while the screen is off, even for extended periods of time, and you've got most of your connections dormant, then something is working fulltime behind your back). It may be something recently downloaded or updated (Facebook widget is a notorious offender), either on your internal memory or SD card. Try a hard reset on the phone after backing up your important data and then either plug your SD card directly into your computer or connect the phone via USB. Move EVERYTHING off the SD card onto your hard drive (have a good AV running!) and then perform a clean boot. Format the SD card and move only the most personal files back into the card (pix, vids, music, etc.). If your ROM was installed as a .zip from the card, reinstall it. Run setup and GRADUALLY restore your files from the computer. If the battery starts misbehaving, you can probably narrow it down to a particular app you reinstalled. I tried all the above and it brought my peak time battery usage back to its former glory. Hope this all helps! (Incredible running rEVOked 2.2 root with IncrediblyRe-Engineered v2.0 FRF91 deodex, 2.6.32.17 Build 149 HTC kernel, no CPU overclocking--this EVO emulator runs fast enough for me as it is!)

PHAMOUS MAXIMUS

Reaction score
For anyone with battery trouble especially Incredible owners like me JuiceDefender is a Must have my battery life went from half a day to a day and a half! No joke!