Would you make the deal?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Would you trade your HTC Thunderbolt (without any accessories AT ALL) for a Droid X (no scratches on screen, very minor cosmetic damage) of the same condition, PLUS the Droid X dock, HDMI out cable, extended battery and standard battery, and pre-rooted upon request for free tethering. If necessary also a free computer repair (normally $20).

Assume the SD Cards go with the phones and you, the Thunderbolt owner, have no idea what rooting is and can't do it yourself.
Furthermore, assume you are still in high school with no job and know pretty much nothing about computers, but that I'll teach you the ways of the root and unroot (RUU, drivers, etc). I know it's a stretch, just try lol.

Last edited:

Trenton

Reaction score
Yeah i would definitely do that if were you.

Also,

I've got a droid x with dock and everything ill trade you for a thunderbolt.

Beka27

Reaction score
I think that could be a fair trade, assuming you don't care about 4g...

As far as getting it pre-rooted, I would not recommend this. What happens if the phone becomes unstable? You need to be able to root and unroot for yourself. You don't need to be a computer expert, just able to read and follow directions.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
You guys mind voting? lol

Actually I'm still in high school, and I'm the one with the Droid X, I have an acquaintance whose laptop I'm fixing in a couple of days, pretty sure he doesn't have a job, so.. He said he loved it but hated battery life, and since 4G isnt in our town for another year or so, I figure he might go for it.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I think that could be a fair trade, assuming you don't care about 4g...

As far as getting it pre-rooted, I would not recommend this. What happens if the phone becomes unstable? You need to be able to root and unroot for yourself. You don't need to be a computer expert, just able to read and follow directions.

(from Beka's DX)

Good point. I added that I will teach him how to root, unroot and RUU.

Beka27

Reaction score
Voting on what? If you are referring to a poll in this thread, I am on my phone (see signature below) and I can't access the poll. If you didn't want responses, only votes, you should have specified that in your original post.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I prefer votes, if you can, but if you can't I'm not gonna troll you or anything, please feel free to comment.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
haha based on poll results, I think it'll be a miracle to get just one guy willing to trade. But alright.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
If the X had a ffc, I'd actually do it. I miss docks, hdmi, and gb. Miss 20+ hours on a charge. Wife is sporting my old X.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
What a horrible deal! your friend is a sucker if he does it... Why dont you be a good friend and show him how to turn off his 4g until its available, that would fix his battery life and maybe he would like his phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums