Trade in program info for those wondering

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Below is the text straight from Verizon trade in page from when I did my trade in.
The only difference should be that I am a business account.

I highlighted in red the text that seem to be FAQ about the trade in program.

The Verizon Device Recycling Program allows your company to recycle or repurpose wireless devices and receive a bill credit on your Verizon Device Recycling Program account. The attached quote was prepared for your company based on the number and type of devices as well as the condition of devices you want to recycle. To take advantage of this quote you must review and accept these terms and conditions of the Verizon Device Recycling Program and provide account, payment and shipping information. (In order to complete this transaction, Verizon Device Recycling Program must share this information with its partner, eRecyclingCorps.) Shipping supplies, including a prepaid mailing label, will be mailed to you within 3-5 days. Your devices must be shipped and received by the Verizon Device Recycling Program within 30 days of this quote in order to be eligible for the values quoted.

The value of the devices and the total value of the quote are subject to change based on the condition of the devices shipped as well as conforming to the Make/Model listed in the quote.
If a credit adjustment is made to a device due to condition or model change, Verizon Device Recycling Program will provide the reason. Your credit will appear on your Verizon Wireless account within 2 bill cycles of your devices being processed. Please delete all personal information and data and retain accessories (including SD and SIM cards) before recycling your devices. Information and data from used devices cannot be recovered, and accessories cannot be returned.

Devices that you ship to the Verizon Device Recycling Program cannot be returned to you even if you do not receive a credit for them.

By accepting these terms and conditions and shipping devices to the Verizon Device Recycling Program, you agree that 1) you are authorized by your company to recycle the devices that are the subject of this quote and that you have received all necessary approvals from your company to recycle these devices, 2) your company owns the devices and that none of them have been reported as lost or stolen and 3) you are not submitting devices that are the property of a government entity.

The final value of used devices will be determined at inspection.

Congratulations you have completed the quote!

You will receive your shipping materials including a pre-paid shipping label in 3-5 days. Package the devices in these box(es) with their batteries included, ensuring they are separated by the dividers to prevent damage in transit, and drop the box off at the local FedEx Express shipping location or call 1-800 GO-FEDEX for pickup.

Please note, you must use the provided Shipping Materials and Label. Shipments returned in materials not provided by the trade-in program will not have shipping costs reimbursed.

wardo

Reaction score
The turbo trade just gives you $100 bucks credit towards your monthly bill not the phone price correct?

Beer

Reaction score
I was able to trade in a vintage 2006 HTC Tilt WIndows Mobile phone which I had laying around but still fired up. LOL. So glad to get rid of that thing. Got my hundy!

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The turbo trade just gives you $100 bucks credit towards your monthly bill not the phone price correct?
Depends on your discount plan.
No discount retail plan is $100.00 trade in limited time promo.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually it's a Gift Certificate which you can use toward the bill or toward hardware or accessories. It can also be used to reduce the price if you so choose.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
This trade-in program seems to be a definite "your mileage may vary". I went in to a Verizon corporate store on Turbo release day, traded in a very old, but still working, phone, they issued a $100 gift card on the spot, and then used it to give me $100 off the retail (non-contract) price of my new Turbo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo