3rd party battery not charging after update

Cururipur

Reaction score
I just updated my Droid X phone with the froyo 2.2 update.

I have been using 2 batteries to power my phone.
OEM battery works fine but the second battery will power the phone but will not charge using the phone now.

When I try to charge it displays can not recognize battery insert OEM battery.

I contacted motorola and their response was the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that must be frustrating. Have you tried refreshing the phone by removing the battery for a minute? You can also perform a Factory Data Reset on the phone if that would not resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues, performing a Factory Data Reset will clear the phones memory and put the phone back to the original factory default state. Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature; everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD will be affected. Your contact and email information is automatically backed up to the Gmail server. Your information will be restored when you login with your user name and a password.

From the home screen of your phone, tap the home key.
Tap Settings.
Scroll down and tap Privacy.
Scroll down and tap Factory Data Reset.
Tap Reset Phone.

If the phone would still exhibit the same issue after the reset, all Motorola phones and accessories have a standard 1 year warranty, barring any physical or liquid damage, from the date of purchase. What we can offer you is repair for the phone.

The information below is a basic guide that will walk you through a step by step process and provide an additional resource to help you achieve exactly what you want.

Our Repair Options are geared towards all users of Motorola handsets to quickly and securely provide Motorola with all the necessary information to repair your phone. With all the required information entered, Motorola will be able to expedite the repair process thus minimizing any possible inconvenience this may cause.

The Service My Product - Motorola USA website will determine if your handset is in or out of warranty, answer your questions, and provide Motorola with historical data if applicable. If your handset was previously repaired, the historical data will allow Motorola to deal with the issue appropriately.

Please note: Our contact information is listed throughout this website should you have any issues. Our online service simplifies servicing your phone and getting it back to you in a few easy steps:

Service My Product - Motorola USA

1. Start on the "Service My Product" page,
*If you would like to see a video overview of the submission process click "See How It Works" next to the Troubleshooter link.*
2. Click on the "Start the Troubles+hooter" to begin the Software Diagnostics process and follow the prompts provided to identify your phone, software version, and issue(s) you are experiencing. Please connect your phone to your PC while accessing this site if at all possible to assist with phone verification and possible automatic software updates - if applicable.
3. When prompted to "Submit Device For Repair", Verify all information displayed is accurate. Please be sure to include a shipping address that we can ship your phone back to you that requires a signature for delivery confirmation (NO PO BOXES); a contact daytime number we may reach you at regarding the phone in for service; and your email address so you can receive status inquiries regarding your repair.
4. Confirm Submission - If device is identified to be "Out of Warranty" you will be provided with next step options to follow.

** Remember to include: a copy of your proof of purchase, a note describing the phone's problem, the service provider and phone number for the cellular phone you are sending. Remove the battery, battery cover (unless it is tethered to the phone), memory card, and SIM card before shipping it. Please send the transceiver only and hang onto your accessories so they do not get lost.

Please back up all your data and software if you have this functionality. This backup should include any personal information stored on your device such as your contact lists and software applications provided by a third-party. We recommend doing this prior to sending the unit in for repair, as this information will be erased during the repair process. Some local dealers or Service Shops have the capability to back up your data as well.

To track the status of your phone through the repair process please return to the Motorola Support site at Service My Product - Motorola USA and select "Track My Repair" on the right side of the page.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us, by calling 800-331-6456. The customer service hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM, Saturday and Sunday 9 AM - 6 PM CST.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Consumer-Support/Mobile-Phones/Motorola+DROID+X

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else experience this issue with their battery?
I really don't want to set it back to factory setting unless I know it will work.

Thanks

ACR

Reaction score
Motorola forcing the issue w/their batteries

Same thing with my Motodroid X - after the 1st update my aftermarket batteries are no longer recognized, nor will the phone recharge them.

Fortunately I have a separate charger so I just keep the two aftermarket batteries charged and with me....just in case.

Rocko

Reaction score
Must use OEM batteries. I don't like this BUT, 95% of aftermarket batteries are garbage.

maderschramm

Reaction score
you might be able to get it working with that battery reset thing in clockworkmod. It's in the advanced area - people use it to make their batteries that aren't charging fully work again.

I don't know anything about it so don't ask me, just throwing it out there.