World of Warcraft with Droids Internet

BondGirl

Reaction score
I want to use the droids internet as my main internet for my desktop. It runs Windows XP. I was wondering what can I expect to do on the speed of the internet? Could I play World of Warcraft?

HeroNova

Reaction score
I don't think you would be able to play WoW using the Droid's internet.

Anyway, also keep in mind that WoW would use a lot of data and if you do not have a tethering plan from Verizon they will most likely find out that you are tethering and they will hit you hard with charges.

OP
B

BondGirl

Reaction score
So it's illegal to use my internet from droid as my main internet for my desktop?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So it's illegal to use my internet from droid as my main internet for my desktop?

Without a tethering plan from VZW...Yes (it's a violation of the TOS)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol now im lost

It will probably be available for the Droid eventually, but it's not right now. I think the tethering plan, which is capped at 5gb a month, is something like $49.99 a month. If you're using that as your main internet for your computer and your phone, you would probably eat that up real fast (especially playing video games). You can tether the Droid if you root it, but it is against the TOS with Verizon (and voids the phones warranty) and if they catch you, they can charge you a whole lot of money for the data you have used. If you're willing to risk that, go to the hacks section of the forum and read up how to root.

OP
B

BondGirl

Reaction score
lol now im lost

It will probably be available for the Droid eventually, but it's not right now. I think the tethering plan, which is capped at 5gb a month, is something like $49.99 a month. If you're using that as your main internet for your computer and your phone, you would probably eat that up real fast (especially playing video games). You can tether the Droid if you root it, but it is against the TOS with Verizon (and voids the phones warranty) and if they catch you, they can charge you a whole lot of money for the data you have used. If you're willing to risk that, go to the hacks section of the forum and read up how to root.

well than scratch playing world of warcraft, I'd only be on youtube, browsing websites and facebook, that would probably be more safe

S

shaiknbaik

Important this is with a rooted droid

i ran a speed test with my internet and my droids internet useing an app called wireless tether for root users only and this is what i found

Home internet
Running wow
Latency 140
Fps 23
Wow with ventrillo
Latency 146
19fps
Then I did a speed test on the internet
ping 51
17mbps download
.86mbps upload

Phone internet
Running wow
Latency 120
Fps 19
Wow with ventrillo
latency 200
fps 19
Then I did a speed test on the internet
Ping 158
1.06mbps download
.25mbps upload

Now even with these results I would still like to point out that I saw no lag when running wow on my phones internet and to prove it I even went and did a bg lag free. Now this all sounds good but like every good thing there is a bad side with this it is short. The two draw back are that when u get a text message on your phone the internet lags out for about 3-5 seconds and when u get a phone call you get completely dc’d. also I did these tests while my phone was not plugged in and I’m sure that plugging it in will help the speed as to what amount I am not sure

hope this helps

Hyde895

Reaction score
lollerskates!! naw, u should be ok the most VZW might do is just reset ur connection and then u'll have to restart ur phone.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've used my Droid tethered to my Laptop to play World of Warcraft. Pretty much the same as the Verizon 3G card. No, it doesn't eat up a lot of data unless you're going to spend all your time going from Orgrimmar, Dalaran, Silvermoon, etc... I had max reception where I was tethering so it wasn't too bad, went from 400-1000ms ping. Instances were doable, battlegrounds, not so much. Raids? definitely not reliable. <cough> No I don't play WoW <nose grows> Oh sh*t.

biglipps66

Reaction score
Ive actually used it to play WoW as well before.. works quite well to be honest.