1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Internet?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BondGirl, Mar 9, 2010.

1. BondGirl

BondGirl New Member

I want to use the droids internet as my main internet for my desktop. It runs Windows XP. I was wondering what can I expect to do on the speed of the internet? Could I play World of Warcraft?
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

I get speeds about the same as my home DSL (1.5 mbs) but there is a lag on new connections. I don't play WWoW though so I don't know about that.
  3. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Just so you're aware that you are violating your service agreement with Verizon if you "tether" your droid to act as a modem for your desktop system. (I assume that's what your message suggested.) You're unlikely to raise a flag with VZW unless you are downloading multiple gigabytes of data via your droid (how much is uncertain) but if VZW believes you're tethering your droid you are subject to additional charges and/or termination of your contract.
  4. TimothyLHaas

TimothyLHaas New Member

I have used PDAnet and run WOW. I found the speed from my wireless was far faster then PDAnet and with verizon getting upset, not worth it at all.
Search tags for this page

droid internet

qroid.com/internet