Wireless tethering charges

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by doctoroid, Jul 8, 2010.

1. doctoroid

doctoroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the use of my MotoDroid and wireless tethering. My phone currently is running 2.1 firmware and I was considering rooting my droid to use for wireless tethering with a couple of MacBook laptops when I am away from home. I currently have an unlimited data usage plan with VZW and was wondering if I would rack up any additional charges if I use my droid in wireless tether mode with any of my laptops. I will be using an app that I found in the marketplace for the wireless tethering. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. indefactorX

indefactorX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been tethering for a while now, still the same $120 phone bill at the end of the month, as far as i know, they can't tell you're doing it.. but i'm sure they have their ways to find out if they really wanted to

3. kristoff125

kristoff125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the upcoming release of the X, which actually allows it, they might just start catching on to all the unpaid tether.

4. Zahoor

Zahoor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt they will catch on and as long as u don't go over 5 gb u would be fine

5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb