Windows Apps Coming to Google Chrome Via VMWare

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 14, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,944
    [​IMG]

This isn't exactly Android related news, but it is very relevant news for one of Google's competitors, and for the rest of us who use Microsoft products regularly. Apparently, one of the last barriers to making a Google Chromebook as useful and productive as a regular laptop has been crossed/crushed. Through a partnership with VMware, Google has developed a way to use Windows Apps on the Chrome OS. Here's a quote with some of the details,

At a time when Microsoft PC products are already seeing a steady decline, now Chrome OS products threaten to accelerate that even more. Regardless, it's the inevitable march of technology that new tech displaces old tech, and at least now Chromebook users have a way to be even more productivity.

Source: Google Official Enterprise Blog

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +365
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I wonder how well they will run. We bought my daughter a chromebook for Christmas and it does everything she could want, except play Minecraft. If I could get Minecraft on the Chromebook though this means, that will be wonderful.

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +327
    If it can run full Office without a hitch, then it's a winner. If I could do that and save $300 or whatever it is not getting Windows pre-loaded on a laptop that's a slam dunk.