Android Apps Finally Come to Google Chrome OS

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Could the Google Chromebook finally be a solid competitor to your typical Windows or Mac based laptop? It's a distinct possibility with Google's latest development. Android apps have finally come to the Google Chrome OS. That's right... you can download Google Play Store apps and run them right on your Chromebook now.

Now your Chromebook becomes a very attractive option since it will be able to play Android games and run Android-based productivity apps. This update will become available for the M53 release of Chrome in the developer channel. It will supposedly come in just a few weeks. Google also shared that it will eventually be available for all Chromebooks, although only 3 Chromebooks are supported.

We imagine this will be a big boon to the Google Play Store as well. What do you folks think? Does this make you want to run out and buy a Chromebook? Why didn't they do this sooner?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
This is amazing!! I've always wished I could use the apps on my phone on my Chromebook!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No it does not make me want a Chromebook but i totes agree with: Why didn't they do this sooner?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they can somehow package this all into the Chrome browser, it will be interesting to me.

I could load Chrome OS on an old laptop, but it lacks the touchscreen to really take advantage of this new feature.