Android Apps Finally Come to Google Chrome OS

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 19, 2016.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254

Could the Google Chromebook finally be a solid competitor to your typical Windows or Mac based laptop? It's a distinct possibility with Google's latest development. Android apps have finally come to the Google Chrome OS. That's right... you can download Google Play Store apps and run them right on your Chromebook now.

Now your Chromebook becomes a very attractive option since it will be able to play Android games and run Android-based productivity apps. This update will become available for the M53 release of Chrome in the developer channel. It will supposedly come in just a few weeks. Google also shared that it will eventually be available for all Chromebooks, although only 3 Chromebooks are supported.

We imagine this will be a big boon to the Google Play Store as well. What do you folks think? Does this make you want to run out and buy a Chromebook? Why didn't they do this sooner?

• Like Like x 1
  2. droidprincess

droidprincess Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,103
    Current Phone Model:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Twitter:
    droidprincesstx
    This is amazing!! I've always wished I could use the apps on my phone on my Chromebook!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

3. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,929
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    No it does not make me want a Chromebook but i totes agree with: Why didn't they do this sooner?

• Like Like x 1
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +942
    If they can somehow package this all into the Chrome browser, it will be interesting to me.

I could load Chrome OS on an old laptop, but it lacks the touchscreen to really take advantage of this new feature.