Will we ever see am iTunes/Zune-like desktop app for Droid?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I have a Zune 120 that I still use, mostly for podcasts.
The Droid is so close to being the only device I need to carry.

Will we be seeing a PC app that manages media and that can sync the Droid when connected, purging finished podcasts and loading new ones?

And while I'm on it, will we see Droid docks with speakers?

Last edited:

cb3FSU

Reaction score
I really hope so. Id like to see a better music player as well. I honestly havent messed with it too much but in the standard player and in meridian I havent been able to get it to play an entire album, I have to individually select each song. I guess I could drag them all into a playlist but I dont feel like messing with it like that.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I took advantage of a free book offer from Audible, dragged the files onto the Droid, but the chapters play back out of order. That was odd. I could understand something pirated having bad meta tags on the files, but not Audible.

I tried Motorola Media Link and got nothing but crashes and errors on Windows 7.

My Zune software is very sleek, I love it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread...

I had some time and thought I would figure out a way to sync some music on my phone. Very easy, and maybe well known, I couldn't think of a way yesterday but found one so I thought I would share.

Windows Media Player has some options to sync music. I made a playlist in my normal media player(zune software), it showed up in the WMP window too.

Next I plugged my Droid into the computer, mounted the SD card so it would show up in "My Computer." Then I right clicked on it and clicked "Open as Portable Device" this made it show up in WMP.

In WMP it showed up as the device connected, I dragged a playlist over to sync and clicked sync. All done!

WMP makes a folder on the SD card called Music.

As for the extra hardware, once companies see it profitable to make speakers etc for the Droid they will do it. I think those types of devices are not the best use of money, the Droid has an audio port, use real speakers or stereo input to speakers.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
the Droid has an audio port, use real speakers or stereo input to speakers.

Yeah, I guess I could just use a pair of PC multimedia speakers that I have lying around.