Will the Droid Still be Sold Next Month?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the original Droid next month (I want the keyboard) and I'm elgible for an upgrade the 15th, and I was wondering, would the Droid still be sold on the Verizon website by then? I would get the Droid 2, but it's supposedly coming out on the 23rd but I'm impatient and I'm already tired of not having a cell phone. (my last one stopped working)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure, but wait for the Droid 2 IMHO...

michaelearth

Reaction score
My question is that I plan on returning my Moto Droid that I have had since launch becasue my power button is broken. I planned to use the 1 year warranty on it, but if they no longer make this phone, what will i get?

Thanks

MrC1122

Reaction score
My question is that I plan on returning my Moto Droid that I have had since launch becasue my power button is broken. I planned to use the 1 year warranty on it, but if they no longer make this phone, what will i get?

why is everyone saying motorola stopped making the droid? i got it straight from motorola earlier today...they are indeed still producing the droid.

hpNYR

Reaction score
Motorola is still making the droid and will continue to do so. Yes you can get it next month.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

why is everyone saying motorola stopped making the droid? i got it straight from motorola earlier today...they are indeed still producing the droid.
Because I saw a picture, can't remember if it was the homepage of this site or not, but it said the Droid was in limited quantity or something like that.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Asurion and Verizon reps are saying that production of Droids have stopped..dunno if they were misinformed or what but the Droid 1 is being phased out right now. There are still stores with some in stock and maybe thats why you got a new one but most ones being sent out now are just certified like new devices.

hpNYR

Reaction score
Asurion and Verizon reps are saying that production of Droids have stopped..dunno if they were misinformed or what but the Droid 1 is being phased out right now. There are still stores with some in stock and maybe thats why you got a new one but most ones being sent out now are just certified like new devices.
Someone called Motorola and asked if theyre still making droids, and the answer was resounding YES.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They may be making them but they aren't marketing them. Something is going on.

As mentioned Asurion is telling people that they have none in stock. Verizon says they are going to stop selling them. And you can no longer get one at Amazon.com.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Read a thread in the news forum earlier that had a screen cap of devies that have reached the end of their life cycle.

For what its worth...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
They may be making them but they aren't marketing them. Something is going on.

As mentioned Asurion is telling people that they have none in stock. Verizon says they are going to stop selling them. And you can no longer get one at Amazon.com.

Not good! Motorola is replacing the one phone that we could root and use for other roms, with two that won't let you do those things.

-Mike

Lemurion

Reaction score
I don't know for sure yet - I haven't had to take advantage of it - but there are rumors that the current insurance replacement for the Droid is the Droid Eris. If so I would be extremely angry.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Whether or not the X and the 2 are hackable remains to be seen. Personally, I think it wont be too terribly long before a moto engineer "leaks" the encryption.