Droid X vs. Incredible vs. Droid 2 vs. Samsung

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DNoMac, Jul 16, 2010.

1. DNoMac

DNoMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Options options options! I'm desperate to upgrade to a smart phone from my retarded-cousin of a phone the LG Versa. I almost ordered the HTC Incredible, but the call quality/battery issues (and lack of supply) stopped me. I'm intrigued by the X, but I've always been a fan of a smaller more portable phone.

After dealing with the Versa for 15 months, I vowed never to go exclusively touchscreen, so I really like the Droid 2, but I'm very impatient, especially with the other phones already out. If the Droid 2 were to launch around Aug 23rd, I could probably wait. I still would like to play with the X before I rule it out. If you guys were stuck with a "dumb" phone and had all of the options currently available (and soon to be available), what would you choose? Here are the most important criteria to me: portability/durability, speed, battery life, call quality, available apps, multi media (I work at a desk all day and would love to have something to supplement my ipod).

If it weren't for the battery/call quality issues, I'd probably grab the INC now. I'm hesitant with all of the potential phones on the horizon. What should I do?!

2. Niemo435

Niemo435 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love my droid. the girlfriend will be upgrading from iphone to droid 2. all the options plus the physical keyboard. cant waitdancedroid

3. DNoMac

DNoMac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's my problem, lol. I can't wait!! Gonna check out the X and INC tomorrow to see if they sway me at all. Right now, D2 has the edge.

4. Guchi

Guchi Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I own an inc. And can tell you there owning call quality issue that I can see, it works great. As for the battery I can go about 13-15 hours with regular use when using juice defender to shut down mobile data while I'm not using it (it activates data for 1 min every 15 min to check for updates). The juice defender widget claims to provide 2.07x battery life as I write this.

5. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    Keep in mind one thing - none of the other Droid phones can be rooted, although I guess it *is* possible to root the Inc, by a rather convoluted process that I haven't tried yet on my phone. If rooting, and the accompanying freedom to install the various Roms isn't important to you, then I'd go with the Droid X - big screen, fast and powerful. For me, not being able to root, and have all the cool Roms & themes, is the bottom line, the deal breaker. If you're that way (*wanting* the ability to root and use developer's Roms & themes) then buy an original Motorola Droid. It's still the best, in my opinion.

-Mike

6. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say the Droid 2 or Samsung Galaxy S would be the best choice.
    They're all great really though. What I will say is, the Samsung Fascinate is one magnificent piece of hardware. I know I'm strongly considering jumping on it when it comes out.

7. jnashr

jnashr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I wouldn't base your touch screen experience with the Versa as the norm. I had the Dare previously, no comparison to the touch screen on the Droid. Of course nothing beats a hands on comparison.

8. Guchi

Guchi Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @ultradroid
    Unrevoked just put out a 1 click root for the incredible a couple days ago, I wouldn't call it "convoluted" its actually quite a slick piece of software

9. UltraDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    Now *that* is welcome news! Do you have any kind of link you could post - within forum rules, of course?

Thanks!

Mike

10. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hate to tell you, friend, but if juice defender is doubling your battery life and you're only getting 13-15 hours of battery life, something is significantly wrong with your phone, your battery, or juice defender's claim.

P.S. My guess is that juice defender is doing nothing for you.

#10 jsh1120, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  11. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ya,, those touchscreens are terrible, and hard to press. all these smartphones have very sensitive glass touchscreeens. they are nothing at all like the versa's plastic touch screeen that you have to press down on for it to recognize a touch

12. UltraDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    I tracked down "Unrevoked", and while it can be a relatively easy install, the fly in the ointment is that you *first* have to go through the previously referenced convoluted installation. The convulsion, as it were, roots the phone, the Unrevoked installation allows you to install a separate recovery and paves the way for installing roms.

Thanks for the tip, but my problem lies with the initial convoluted installation. When someone comes up with an easier way to root my Inc, then I'll make the jump.

-Mike

Search tags for this page

droid 2 vs droid x vs droid incrdible

droid 2 vs samsung express

droid incredible 2 vs samsung galaxy

droid x vs incredible 2