wifi Tether on Samsung Fascinate

caminator

Reaction score
Download is .4kb and Upload is .1kb, so no, nothing is moving...

My phone is less than a foot form my computer. Both are sitting right here on my desk. I have windows7 64bit. THink that makes any difference?

caminator

Reaction score
This blows...the biggest reason I rooted my phone was to use this feature...ugh! :-(

Zalyia38

Reaction score
There's gotta be someone that knows how to get it working. Have you tried Barnacle to see if it works?

caminator

Reaction score
Ok...so here's the latest. I have windows7 64 bit. I cannot connect to the phone. My business partner has windows7 64 bit, and he cannot connect either. Mt wife has Windows Vista 32 bit. She connected within 5 seconds and tether is working great. I'm wondering if it has something to do with windows 7 at this point? Are you guys on win7 64 bit and still able to connect?

JJimenez

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to Android but I managed to root my Fascinate and install the tethering app that was posted on this thread. I am getting a “wired tethering seems to be running at the moment. Please disable first!” message when I click on start tethering.

Nothing comes up on my computer. Does anyone know how to disable the “wired tethering”? Thanks for the help.

caminator

Reaction score
Is there another wireless tether program I can try? It doesn't seem to be working for my computer. I think it has something to do with the type of NI I have. Maybe another program will be able to respond to it better. Any ideas on another one I could try?

caminator

Reaction score
Never mind people. I finally got it to work. I reinstalled my NIC drivers (which I don't think made any difference), and re-downloaded and installed the wireless tether program. It looked like a new one came out a few days ago, and I wasn't using it. Upon the first try, it connected and worked flawlessly. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Zalyia38

Reaction score
My laptop is Win 7 and 64 bit. It connects and I didn't make any changes.

Sent from my phone using my keyboard

bdubnpaw

Reaction score
Help!

Never mind people. I finally got it to work. I reinstalled my NIC drivers (which I don't think made any difference), and re-downloaded and installed the wireless tether program. It looked like a new one came out a few days ago, and I wasn't using it. Upon the first try, it connected and worked flawlessly. Thanks for everyone's help!!

So Caminator, where did you find the new tether program. Could you provide a link? I am having trouble connecting as well. Starting to get on my nerves! I too bought the phone for this feature in order to get rid of the $60 a month air card we were using. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B