Wireless Tether is not WORKING!

krazymouse

Reaction score
I'm new to Android phones, and rooting. I just rooted my phone yesterday using the Newbie Guide to rooting the Fascinate.

I think it rooted, Superuser app works, but I tried using Wireless Tether, and it didn't work. I tried it from the Market and when that didn't work, I used the latest updated Wireless Tether, which also didn't work.

I have to most updated version, and when I open it, it says

"NOT ROOT
Sorry, but your kernel does not have all necessary features for running this application."

And if you ignore it and try to tether it, it doesn't work. But superuser turns on and I can change the settings, so I assume my is successfully rooted.. Help?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection. (And do you really want to explain to your loved ones that, no matter how cute he or she is, you really want to keep them?)

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

Unroot your device and reroot. I believe z4root from the market will root your phone. If not, follow the directions in my signature to re-root. IT WILL WORK!!! Are you using the latest version of the wireless tether app from my signature? Did you give the tethering app superuser permissions?

OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
how do you give it super user permissions? I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Open the ninja/pirate android dude and see if it has an always allow tag. In fact, find it, delete it in the app, and then restart tethering.

OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
Ninja Pirate thing? If it's the Super User app, I couldn't find "Always allow tag"

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Green indicator instead of a red. Go with part two of what I'd said. Find the tethering app in superuser, press it, forget it, back out, open the tethering app again, make sure remember is checked, and hit allow. :)

ignitros

Reaction score
OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
Wireless tether is it's separate app, not in Superuser.

rosedognye

Reaction score
Barnacle Legacy as Alternative

If you can't get wireless tether working, try Barnacle Legacy. Worked for me like a charm.

Although I occasionally have to reset my home wifi router to connect my laptop after wireless tethering - anyone got a solution to that?

OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
When I tried to use both of the wifi tethers, they didn't work... Both said I needed root... Maybe it isn't successfully rooted?

OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
What does borked mean?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
K

krazymouse

Reaction score
I can't even find permissions in super user so is it safe to assume that my fascinate is not properly rooted ?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App