wifi question

mly3

Reaction score
My phone use to be able to connect to my wireless internet at home. My modern stopped working so I went out and out another one and now my phone is unable to connect to the wireless. It's able to find it but when I try connecting, it'll be attempts after attempts.

Any suggestions?
I'm also using the wifinder app if that helps.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection.

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

As for your WiFi question, there are a few things to determine. First, did you get a new router or a new modem? If you got a new modem, did you run the router through the paces to make sure it could reconnect? If it's a new router, are you broadcasting SSID? Are you running any kind of encryption? Etc. Etc.

OP
M

mly3

Reaction score
Its through at&t. I think it's both a modern & router. My laptop is able to connect to it wireless but my phone doesn't.

tawnee

Reaction score
same problem with mine, my i-touch and my laptop connect with no problem, but not the phone. it does see the network, but continually fails to connect.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Current wisdom for phone connection problems is to erase all memorized APs and reboot the phone. Sometimes it takes a few reboots, but usually it'll connect after a few. If you don't have any remembered access points you might want to see if you can get it to connect to any other access points. If you can, it might not like your current setup. If you can't, take it to the store and ask about it.

tawnee

Reaction score
Suggestion from a Verizon tech was to:
1. reset the router
2. try to connect with no password
3. use a basic key 128 bit encryption as the only droid that will support something different is the Incrdeible.

chadl12

Reaction score
Change your encryption setttings to WEP and see if that helps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chadl12

Reaction score
Ok turn of wireless encryption completely then see if you can connect without any encryption to see if its thw type of encryption that's causing the problem

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App