Wifi oddity

patrickgerry

Reaction score
I had the same problem initially with WPA2 where even with the "never" sleep policy, the phone refused to connect. It would cycle from connect to disconnect until I turn off wifi.

I decided then to define a guest connection with my netgear router with WEP encryption. Never lost the wifi connection since then. I leave the phone connected via wifi while charging at night and wake up still connected.

Note that by activating the router's guest feature, I basically created a new connection. Not sure if that is the reason I can connect via WEP and others cant.

timrock

Reaction score
This problem stopped after the last update but started again yesterday.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

patchm00

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this also and at home I did some experimenting and found something interesting, although it may not be 100% but so far it is.

If I start the wifi from a widget it does the turning on/off dance, however if I go to settings/Wireless and Networks and check it on there it connects first time.

Anyone else finding this to be true?

ZeroUnderOne

Reaction score
Same problem here. If I use any wifi toggle switch besides for the one in the wifi settings then it does a turning on and turning off dance. I have to either turn the phone on and off or enable then disable airplane mode to get it working again.

Never sleep option didn't help for me =(

imtheconvict

Reaction score
so i found an interesting fix for this in locations if you turn off location by wireless network it stays on with one click never turns off like it should

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It seems to be fixed in 2.4

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score
That would be nice if 2.4 was coming to us. What bites me more is the deafening silence from Verizon/Moto.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That would be nice if 2.4 was coming to us. What bites me more is the deafening silence from Verizon/Moto.

If you have root 2.40 is out. It is the R2-D2 ROM.

snipes1003

Reaction score
I had this issues too. The phone should not be behaving like that. VZW exchanged mine.