Wifi Problem

atljar

Reaction score
This is my first droid so still learning, but I cant figure this one out. Just got Droid2 through verizon.

I have a Wifi connection setup. The phone will connect to wifi, and obtain an IP address, but once connected will not transfer anything through the net. No facebook contacts, no web pages, no weather widget updates etc. 3g connection automatically turns off, and I do have the wifi connection symbol shown.

Turning the wifi on and off through settings or the widget switch does not resolve the problem.

If I turn wifi on, reboot the phone when the wifi is switched on, the connection will work, but if the connection is broken or turned off, it will not reconnect again until another reboot with the wifi enabled. Rebooting with the wifi off, then turning on doesnt work either.

Any ideas? This holds true with several different hotspots.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

I've seen multiple reports lately of similar problems with X's. The suggestion I keep seeing is you have to sync your Droid to your router. I have no idea how to do that, however. How long have you had the phone?

OP
A

atljar

Reaction score
Ive only had it for a few days so far. Coming from an Envy3, i am amazed so far! Thanks for the welcome.

:ears: on how to sync to a router??? Like I said it shows connected and says it acquires an IP, just doesnt work...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you broadcasting SSID? Andy here doesn't seem to like not seeing one.

Is the network encrypted? WPA and Andy don't always get along.

Syncing the router to the Droid? HIIK. Sorry. Maybe something in here would help. https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16191?tstart=0

OP
A

atljar

Reaction score
Yes SSID is being broadcast.
WEP encryption

But here again, wireless network is found, and successfully connected to each and everytime. I just dont have internet access unless a reboot is performed with the wifi turned on in the droid2