WiFi Questions (Regarding Router)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by ReyZero, Sep 5, 2010.

1. hyatari

hyatari Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up. Been having all the same issues since my d1 as well. Some kernels fixed the issue for me like those from sapphire but the d2 has this issue for me sinceday one. Oddly tho, it been working for hours today after work. Of course my d-link router isn't supported by the open source firmware so I pulled the trigger on a netgear with the open source firmware already installed and I had an old wired netgear router that worked pretty good for me. Oh well, I wanted to upgrade to gigabit ethernet ports anyhow.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2. pulptastic

pulptastic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using dd-wrt on a linksys router, no problems whatsoever. In fact, with wireless N router and phone, I can get about 2x the range of my d1. My d1 was a bit flaky on wifi, the wife and I just kept it disabled but I am loving it on the d2. Also, my google account apparently remembered my wifi info and password! It connected automatically when I first enabled it.

3. rlcbmoore

rlcbmoore New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a wndr3700 netgear router.
    Disabling the wmm of the 2.4ghz connection got rid of the WIFI connecting/reconnecting cycling that I was having.
    I then could connect and maintain a connection, but it was SLOW.
    I then Changed (in the routher) the 2.4ghz Wireless mode from 'up to 300Mbs' to the '54Mbs' legacy mode

All is good!!!

4. hyatari

hyatari Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no point in having an N router then. This was my problem and I can't see crippling my speeds just for my phone as I often transfer files over my network as well as music/movies. I think its a kernel issue but I doubt we'll ever see a fix from moto and who knows if custom kernels are coming anytime soon as I don't think they are even possible atm. I can get my phone to work only with tkip encryption which in turn forces G transfer speeds. I even have tkip AND aes selected but the phone just wont connect properly.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

5. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    NP..

Which one did you get? I told a buddy w/a D2 about this and he wants to upgrade as well, and his router is also uncompatible w/DD-WRT.

6. d2wheelz

d2wheelz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a LinkSYS WRT54GS, D2 wifi would connect but not surf etc.

Mixed Network, Chan11, Security WEP 128bit

changed to

Mixed Network, Chan1, Security WAP, enabled MAC FILTER / Permit only listed and add the mac address of your phone and other devices.

works with no problem

7. hyatari

hyatari Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went with this one. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/...5?redirect=true&ref_=oss_product&a=B002RYYZZS

8. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, but it comes up as an unknown link on Amazon...

9. mavrick1100

mavrick1100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cisco all the way!

Hi All, I am an IT field service tech. Our company uses Cisco routers only. My Netgear turned into a brick one day, and I thought, if Cisco is good enough for my company, then it should be good enough for me. I purchased a Linksys (owned by Cisco) E2000 wirelessN. My hillbilly ISP service drops at least twice a day and I have to power cycle the modem and router. For some reason, the router password changed and I could not log in to make changes.

I had to contact Cisco. They answered w/in 30 secs. Thought I was going to be on hold for eternity. The tech walked me through the reset/reconfigure and called back the next day to check on the router!! Everyone out there thinking of purchasing a new/replacement router, consider a Cisco.

I have a constant wireless connection with Droid2 & no issues. Just thought I'd share. (I am not receiving commision from Cisco-haha)

10. hyatari

hyatari Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RYYZZS/ref=oss_product

11. mavrick1100

mavrick1100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cisco E2000 WirelessN. Picked it up @ Bestbuy. Little pricey @ $89.00 on sale, but you get what you pay for. I particularly like the ease of use and configuration web interface. The one thing the Cisco tech told me is to not use the gateway router Ip to log in as this could cause problems. The software you load gives you what is called "Cisco Connect", which gets you to the config page.

12. Smokie

Smokie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how old are the routers you guys are having problems with? are you sure you have the most recent version of the firmware for your particular router? having up to date firmware usually fixes connection issues with both wired and wireless.

Search tags for this page
3 gp x x 33
android 4 smc wireless router
cisco router can;t see droid razr
droid turbo wifi issues with cisco router
gpxx33
how to turn on wps on a droid 3
router wmm setting

tomato channel width

tomato firmware channel width

verizon fios router and wmm