Wifi oddity

xandor

Reaction score
I noticed something...whenever I enable wifi on my D2, whether it be from the widget or not, if I watch my settings, the wifi turns on and off multiple times until it eventually settles down and works. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ratgirlny

Reaction score
I just noticed it too. I thought maybe it was having problems picking up the signal in my house, but my iTouch (which has serious trouble picking up wifi in general) doesn't have trouble in my house. It eventually connected

ZPrime

Reaction score
I've seen this as well, and i've had it go on for a good minute plus. Really annoying.

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score
I stopped in my local VZW store to pick up some new screen protectors and a Motorola rep was there.

I showed him what was happening and he said he'd bring it up with corp -- for whatever that's worth.

I also informed him about the Gallery not showing picasa web albums like the original droid.

Three-P-Oh!

Reaction score
Well, glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. It really is quite annoying. Just one of the many things wrong with my Droid 2...

droidism

Reaction score
I have had the same issue. I kinda expected there to be a few glitches with it though. Maybe an update is needed?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ripsting

Reaction score
Same thing happens here. The length is random. Most of the time, it connects on the first try, but I've noticed it switching on/off maybe 10 times or so on occasion. Once it kept doing it in a never ending cycle, so I turned the phone off and back on to remedy it.

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
My GF Droid 2 does this as well. I thought she was crazy till I googled it. I think the Droid 2's wifi is FUBAR'd

strado

Reaction score
mine does this as well but never connects to my wap it just says obtaining ip address and never connects

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Same. Doesn't always do it, just sometimes.

I'm sure it will be fixed, Moto has a number of things of fix, I'm hoping they make the app compatibility number one on their priority list.

ReyZero

Reaction score
I found a semi-fix in the thread I also created, oops.

If you can get the wifi to connect at all, making sure your router settings are set up correctly, go into wireless settings and hit the menu button for advanced. I turned the sleep policy to "never" and it seems to have fixed the problem. I don't know if it'll work for everyone, but it's helped me so far.

Of course, mine also will have the problem of saying it's connected, but not do anything with the internet. This was fixed as well as far as I know with the above method.

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I also have a wifi problem, entered my wep key and it tries numerously to connect and obtain an ip address but no luck.

droidny

Reaction score
In my case, it eventually connects to my WPA2 personal at home and keeps the connection while I'm using the phone but then when I put it down for an extended amount of time, let's say a couple of hours, I will find that I am no longer connected to my WiFi and the only way to reconnect is to turn WiFi off on the phone and then turn it back on, and that takes almost 5 minutes to reconnect.
I was hoping this would be fixed by the software update Motorola released a few days ago but unfortunately, the problem still persists.... :mad:

sorapp

Reaction score
I'll throw another piece of wood on the fire. I have this issue also. Does it when trying to turn it on or off. Sometimes it connects immediately other times it does the on/off thing for quite a while. I don't know if it is related to the encryption method, but FYI I am using WPA2.