WiFi not working on 246

dg5301

Reaction score
I installed the 246 leak this evening and haven't been able to get a WiFi connection. I have the networks available notification, and my network shows up, but with the indicator blinking. When I highlight my network it seems to be stuck on "Connecting" and says I have poor signal strength. When I click "forget" and search for networks, mine shows up with "excellent" signal strength, but when I attempt to log back on, the same flickering icon and stalling at "Connecting..." occurs, along with the report of weak signal. I've done a FDR, rebooted several times, toggled airplane mode on & off, and restarted the router, all to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You MAY need to factory reset the router. Back in the day I had to do this sometimes with my router (a dlink) to get Motorola android phones to work (OG, DX, Pro).

OP
D

dg5301

Reaction score
Thanks! Mine is a D-Link. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks! Mine is a D-Link. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

You can also try to update the routers firmware while you're at it.

What I would do though is factory reset it and once it's up try to connect to it with the routers default settings. Just to see if maybe a setting is conflicting with connection.

OP
D

dg5301

Reaction score
Just got a chance to do the factory reset on the router, and it took care of the problem. Thanks so much! I was focused on the phone and the software update since everything else was connecting fine, so who knows how long I would've been flailing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Glad it took care of that. I don't know why the router gets so messed up, but it happens.

OP
D

dg5301

Reaction score
Just an update to the thread - Someone else reported having the same WiFi issue after upgrading to .246, and in their case updating the router firmware corrected the problem. Not sure exactly what's going on, but it seems like the ICS update may be more sensitive than GB to the particular configuration of the router. With the OTA coming, it might be a good idea to have the potential issue & remedy on the radar.