issues with Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and home wifi connection

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablet Discussions' started by EVILOLIVE, Aug 27, 2012.

1. dasmueller

dasmueller New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My router is a Netgear so what you see may be somewhat different. Here is what I did-

1. Selected Advanced Wireless Settings
    2. Under Wireless Card Access List selected Set Up Access List
    3. Select Add
    4. Named the tablet and entered Mac address
    5. Selected apply.

I did not know to do this I was just poking around to see what I could find. When I went into the wireless card access list I saw 2 wi-fi music players but not the tab so I just said let's add the tab. It worked.

How info is displayed in your routers pages may be different so you may need to experiment. Unfortunately documentation one receives w electronics is sadly lacking these days. It would be next to impossible to cover all the variations w a home network but they could point you in the direction you need to go. As a last resort call support to see if they can help you. The tablet itself is fine. Once setup I think you will enjoy it.

Good luck.

2. Custos

Custos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Possible solution

Hello. I had this problem and another more annoying one. My TAB lose connection when goes to Sleep Mode and apparently recover it when wake up, but with no internet connection.

The problem was solved when I change my WI-FI Authentication Type from WAPA2-PSK to WEP 64bit. Problem solved.

3. MacLightning

MacLightning New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 which has the same problem connecting to the internet.
    How the problem occurred? Normally I would just let my tab connect to my home wifi 24/24. Once I went to my friend's house and I brought my tab with me. My friend also had a wifi router and I connected to it without any problem. Then I went back home and discovered that my tab didn't connect to my home wifi automatically like it should be countless times before. My router was still on, my Acer laptop still could connect effortlessly, but not my tab. I cannot access to the internet thru my router but everyone else's up to now.
    My solution? A lot. Reboot, wipe cache partition, wipe the whole system, continuously turn on and off wifi on my router and on my tab, turn off and on my router and my tab at the same time, wait for the battery to drain out, reset my router, forget my network then set it up manually... and everything listed above. None of 'em works.
    I 'think' what might have brought up the problem is the system update thingy. When I bought my tab, it was Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1 which used to work just fine with every wifi connection. Now it's 4.1.1 and I lost my 'ability' to view Flash content AND also be gone my root access. 'V never tried to downgrade my tab though, probably someday.
    Anyone tells me what -you think- might have caused the problem?

4. Flyfisher69

Flyfisher69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. iaanhayden

iaanhayden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wifi connection

The router converts the pointers approaching over your Internet connection into a wireless broadcast, sort of like a cordless phone groundwork station. Newer DSL and twisted cord modems come with integrated wireless networking capability and are called modem routers. If you do need to buy a wireless router, be certain that you buy a wireless router and not a wireless access issue.

6. LBOCEAN

LBOCEAN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I've had my unit, I encountered issues with connections using the standard WAP security, and even in some cases the WAP2. In general though, I've always setup MAC addresses in the Device Allowed List as there are fewer units that I connect to on a regular basis. The only drawback (in a sense) is that when using your Hotspot for another unit to connect to your TAB, your unit is seen as a unsecured unit (no lock appearing in list of available devices), but it is secure. Actually better.

Regarding the upgrade and the issue with not seeing Flash. If you do a search on Android & Adobe or Flash, you'll find several write'ups on the transition Adobe is making as well as Android with respects to viewing graphics/video's. There's more detail to read then to retype here, but here's one link that you can start reading up on...

RIP Adobe Flash on Android ? ReadWrite

Search tags for this page

galaxy tab 2 wifi issues

galaxy tab 2 wifi problem

galaxy tab 2 wifi problems
galaxy tab wifi problem
samsung galaxy tab 2 internet connection problems
samsung galaxy tab 2 wifi connection issues

samsung galaxy tab 2 wifi issues

samsung galaxy tab 2 wifi problems

samsung galaxy tab wifi problems
samsung tab 2 wifi issues